You know who I'm talking about. That mom that serves more than Jeno's pizza rolls and bagel bites at a slumber party. The mom who has THE recipe that all the kids talk about for days and beg their own mother's to make.
Well, these little babies are going to get me there.
They're beautiful, aren't they?
They're Pizza Bites and everyone who tries them L-O-V-E-S them! I made them first for our small group on Sunday night several weeks ago and as I did all I could think was, "These are going to be perfect for slumber parties!" And they will be...whenever we have one.
I found the recipe at ANNIE'S EATS, one of my favorite food blogs. She makes her own pizza dough, but I don't because I'm scared of yeast. Instead, (and I'm about to share an incredible secret) I buy a case of frozen dough balls at the snack counter at Sam's. For around $17, you get 20 frozen pizza dough balls. At first, I split the case with another family, but then I discovered how versatile they were and now I keep them all to myself! Pull them out to thaw in the morning and that evening you can make homemade pizzas (a McCall family favorite), calzones, pizza bites, white appetizer pizzas...even fry them up and sprinkle powdered sugar on top for a delicious dessert. Seriously, you have to get some!
Here's the recipe if you didn't hop on over to Annie's Eats.
Pizza Bites:
Ingredients:
enough dough for one large pizza
4 oz. mozzarella cheese, cubed (about 20 pieces)
pepperoni slices
For topping:
Olive oil
Italian seasoning
Grated Parmesan cheese (from the green can)
Preheat the oven to 400˚ F. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate or cake pan. Divide the pizza dough into 20-24 roughly equal sized pieces. (I score the dough into fourths and then make a mental note to get 5 "bites" out of each section.) Take one of the dough pieces and smash it into a roundish little disc, top with two slices pepperoni and a cube of cheese. Pull the edges of the dough around the fillings and pinch closed. Place seam-side down in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining dough pieces.
Lightly brush the tops of the dough balls with olive oil. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and grated Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Serve warm with heated marinara sauce.
I made them for dinner last night and when Phoebe saw me put them in the oven, she climbed into her chair and waited there for them to be done! All 20 minutes! They are just that good. I wish I would have taken a picture of my children's faces as they ate these most delicious bites. It would have been priceless.
But I didn't because I was stuffing my face with pizza bites.







3 comments:
Gonna have to make this THIS week! It looks wonderful!
Jordan, I have to report that I made your Tortolleni soup this weekend. I took 1/2 to Lisa Hancock who is recovering from surgery and we had the other 1/2 tonight. My hubby LOVED it and that says lots because he is a meat and potato kinda guy. I also loved it. Thanks for sharing your recipes. I may try this one next week for my kids when we go to visit them. Gay
LOVE these...already made them twice since I ate yours at small group. YUM!!!
Post a Comment