Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Things I Learned Yesterday

Alarms will not wake you up on time if you do not turn them on.

Three cups of coffee are sometimes necessary.

My oven is very, very dirty.

There is no present that the Paci Fairy can bring that will make giving up the paci okay. Even if mommy looks at Target and Toys R Us and Wal-Mart. I think we are going to have to buy Phoebe a pony.

Little red-and-white-polka-dot jugs make me happy. Especially when they are on clearance at TJMaxx.



Wal-Mart is surprisingly busy at 1:15 on a Tuesday afternoon.

I am ready for Spring and for the dirt guys and the plumbers to be out of our yard along with their big trucks and tractors and pipes.

Phoebe has no qualms about standing in the front yard with her panties down around her ankles when she has an accident while playing outside.

When your child is standing in the front yard with her panties down around her ankles, the 3.5 seconds it takes you to get to her and yank them back up seem to last 3.5 hours instead. And you feel the eyes of the neighborhood staring at you (judgementally) from behind the blinds.

Old wounds can still sting a little. Even when you've moved on and feel good about where you are.

Quilting is therapeutic.

THIS soup is really, really yummy.

After a looonnngg battle over cucumbers, Phoebe can go to bed with a mostly-chewed up cucumber in her mouth and not choke.

Phoebe can swallow a mostly-chewed up cucumber in her sleep.

I am out of Thin Mints.


What did you learn?

6 comments:

Heather B. said...

I learned that they should NEVER stop selling girl scout cookies!!!

Kelly said...

I learned that pushing a 32 lb. boy in the "big orange car" grocery cart full of groceries while being 8 months pregnant will cause some serious contractions. But it may have been worth it rather than enduring the tantrum that would've occurred had he been forced to ride in a regular cart.

Betsey said...

I have learned that it is impossible to achieve everything on your list when you have toddlers. I also learned that JB will drop his pants and TT anywhere there is grass. Even at Backyard Adventures.

Anonymous said...

My son was almost 4 when he agreed to let the Easter Bunny take his paci. The Easter Bunny was good to him that year, but he never really had a problem. We were so worried we actually had stashed them just in case.

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

I learned that I need that red/white jug from TJMax. I mean, I REALLY need it. How perfect it would look in my red/white kitchen.

JulieC said...

Hahaha! JR pulled his pants down in the middle of autozone...because his legs were hot. And the next day peed all over the card aisle at randalls! Must be the age!:)