And this...
And this...
all mean?
It means I have entered the phase with Phoebe that I know absolutely nothing about and daunts me more than any other phase of parenting.
I had originally purchased these items to get Phoebe used to the idea of potty-training, but not to actually start the whole process. She starts KU in September and the 2-year-old class is all about potty-training so I wanted her to be aware of said behavior.
Her brother, however, had a different idea. He sat down with her the other night, book in hand, and entertained her until she had done her business. Then proceeded to do a very rambunctious potty-dance and tell her how proud he was of her...multiple times. M&M's were rewarded and this has only lead Phoebe to go potty when she wants an M&M. Hmmmm. I'm sure parenting books would have taken a different approach.
We're still wearing diapers and no big girl panties have been purchased so I have not really begun "Potty-Training". Yet.
Maybe I should worry about weaning her off the paci, first. Sheesh. This whole parenting thing is hard.







6 comments:
Well, when you figure out the potty training thing, please pass long the info. Cade goes potty when I ask him and that's it. Grrr. This is hard.
At least she is showing interest in the whole thing! That's exciting! I've begun the process of teaching Lincoln to stand at the potty. He did not like it at first, so I put a cheerio in the toilet. He later informed me that it was bad manners to put food in the toilet. Seriously!
kendall runs around the house with NO diaper or panties on most days. for some reason right now she remembers to go better. there are times that she demands big girl panties and i let her where them. she has gotten better about not peeing in the because as she says, "eewww dross, mommy! all wet!"
maybe if phoebe needs feels the wetness of big girl panties. I was also going to do m&m's but decided not to when Kendall was just as happy with a big praise session from all of us! Hope it goes more quickly for you than it is for us!
At first, I thought these items were for Brad.
OQuinn
Could Eli come to Keller and potty train Tate, please? :)
How about potty boot camp?? When can I sign Mason up? He is totally ready but I am NOT!!!
Post a Comment