I made my famous and very yummy homemade mac n' cheese for dinner tonight.
Well, it may not be famous, but it is de-lite-ful (and easy-peasy). The easy-peasy part was important because we had major melt-downs at dinner last night. I mean Major. Melt. Downs. Phoebe went to bed sans pajamas and Eli was put to bed before 8 o'clock. But that's a whole other bowl of beans.
Back to my not-so-famous mac n' cheese. When I'm wanting to feel a bit healthier, I toss in some broccoli florets with the noodles in the last few minutes of cooking time. I say "wanting to feel healthier" because while I do use whole grain noodles and broccoli, I'm not sure anything containing Velveeta can actually be considered "healthy".
So, I was dishing up the mac n' cheese and the chicken nuggets and the watermelon and the cherries when Phoebe climbs up on a bar stool.
Phoebe: I no like boccoli. (Look of disdain up on her face.)
Me: Sure you do! (Spooning a large portion of broccoli on her plate.)
Phoebe: Oh, okay. (Proceeded to eat all the broccoli and asked for more.)
If only everything regarding our children were this easy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
Glad to hear that others have some rough nights on occasion. Hopefully you were able to salvage your evening once everyone was in bed!
We had mac and cheese last night as well. Of course ours came from a suspicious blue box...
I wonder where she heard that from...Hmmmm!
Plus, I am not sure I have ever seen that girl turn her nose up to food!
My kids have never said they didn't like something, then proceeded to eat it. What's your secret?
Waiting excitedly for another great Jordan recipe!
Wow. I would seriously pay good money for my little guy to respond like that. The only thing green he ever digests is guacamole. :)
Post a Comment