Did you realize that there will be whole generations that do not understand that classic movie reference?
But that's beside the point.
Last night Brad and I had a dinner with some people from church sans children. Eli and Phoebe stayed at my friend, Heather's, house. They live in our neighborhood and when I told Eli that he would be going to "Ms. Feather's" house (that's what he calls Heather...it's a long story), he wanted to know if he could run there. While she does live in our neighborhood, it's a big place, and her house is a bit far. I told him he couldn't and kind of laughed at his audaciousness.
We had a lovely dinner (baked ziti, garlic bread, salad, peach cobbler...yum) and then Brad drove over to pick up the children. I stayed at the house and after a little while I got to wondering just where my little family was. So I called Brad on his cell and he said that Eli was running home! Apparently, Eli had asked again to run home and Brad, being the great dad that he is, decided to let him. He figured Eli would get tired and then he could jump in the car and ride the rest of the way home. It would put an end to this crazy idea of his! So often we underestimate Eli's perseverance.
Eli ran the entire way home! Brad said he was (literally) howling at the moon and remarking how "beautiful" it was that night.
I made Brad take the car out tonight after dinner to find out exactly how far it was from our house to Heather's.
Eli ran 1.4 miles!!
No joke.
2024 Summer Olympic Games, here we come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







8 comments:
Hey there,
Since Nena and I have walked a lot of the neighborhood with the kids, that 1.4 miles was not exactly on even ground either. Up and down the sides of that canyon would be a testy run for anybody.
Good for him! that boy does have more than his share of perserverence. The challenge becomes to channel it in positive ways and directions. Your mother and I can attest that you have to tag-team raise a child like that. But it is worth the effort.
Love you, see you soon.
Dad
Aren't dads great? The "mom" in me would have never let my kid run, but dads are always willing to let kids attempt something so brave.
Yeah for Eli for running so far. I bet he slept good last night.
You know Eli really wanted to run to prove to you that he could run home!
Cute kid!
Sister!
you should probably stop holding that boy back from running. what a great way for him to burn off some of that bottomless energy.
we had a great time Easter weekend with ya'll. Hi to Eli and Phoebe.
XXXnenaXXX
It's amazing how much energy little kids have, especially little boys. What an easy way to wear him out a little- do you happen to have a treadmill at home?
so fun!
my uncle used to call my sister Heather the Feather just to torment her....
WOW! That is AWESOME...go Eli!
I am impressed. What a fun dad too! What a good night with friends. It is always fun to have dinner without children. So I already am asking my first favor. I already need you to watch my kids for something in the next couple weeks. Can't wait to watch each others kids and hang out LOTS when we get there. Looks like it will be next weekend...CRAZY I know. I will keep you updated.
I'll bet he slept well that night! ha ha
Post a Comment