Monday, December 06, 2010

Show and Tell: The One Where I Make A Confession

I have a confession to make.

I didn't make this dress.




Several weeks ago, I found myself completely overwhelmed by life. It was the thought of going on VACATION for a week and having 23 people at my house for THANKSGIVING on top of my usual propensity to stack up project after project until my craft closet could be featured on an episode of HOARDERS. It was during one of these moments that I found myself looking around on etsy and found THIS SITE.

Aren't her dresses adorable?!

When I got to looking, I realized I could make the dresses that I loved so much...they wouldn't be that hard. But then I started looking at her prices (they are so darn reasonable!) and started my calculating my time and effort against her awesome fabrics and inexpensive-ness...and she won!

Plus, I could never make a flower like this because I don't have a serger.



As you can see by the pants that I did make.



I feel a bit vindicated by my next project, though.



I stitched every lick of this holiday ensemble. Even the last "o" that I'm afraid looks like a cartoon bomb.



I keep thinking I should add a sparkly hook or something to the top, but I'm worried that will only make it look more like a bomb.

There's nothing that says the holidays more than explosives.



At least that's what Phoebe tells me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

adorable, as usual. That phoebe sure can pose, and smile. You can't make everything, you have to let others show off their talent and creativity once in a great while. I love both outfits, and I really love the christmas bomb
XXXmomXXX

Anonymous said...

At the very least ACME would appreciate the endorsement.

- The Middle Child

Anonymous said...

Woman ask Santa for a serger for Christmas! Seriously, they aren't that expensive any more and oh, my word! they make sewing sew much nicer!

about the bomb, I wonder if you could use metalic silver embroidery floss and do a satin stitch to make the little thing the hook would go in. If you made a scalloped edge where it meets the ball and put a hook on the top, I think it might reduce the explosive factor. Cute, cute outfit. I love seeing the things you make.