In a caliche pit.
With no trees.
Because of this, the landscaping around our house is an ever on-going process. I would love my house to look like THIS, but I realize THIS is probably a little more realistic (you know, minus the southwestern, flat-roof house). Oh, it's not just the climate that prohibits such a luscious yard, I DO NOT have a green thumb. Not even a little bit. And I have no interest in acquiring one.
Last summer Brad put in grass and the circle drive. Now we are adding some trees and fixing some drainage issues in the backyard. All of which require "dirt moving" by a "dirt guy". (Those are technical terms, by the way.) And when you move dirt, it all has to be put somewhere...like a very large pile of dirt in the backyard. A pile that had my children (and Eli's little school buddy) giddy with excitement.
There's just not too many things more fun than climbing up a big pile of dirt...
...and jumping off!
Then doing it all over again!
Phoebe is never one to miss out on the action!


There's probably a very good reason to forbid the children to play on this pile of dirt. I just couldn't think of one that would trump all the fun!
I'm not sure my washing machine will ever be the same, though.



4 comments:
You are such a fun mom to let them do that!
Hey there,
Kind of makes you wonder why we spend thousands on toys, when a pile of dirt and stick will occupy them all day.
I remember all the indians and wild critters to fight off when I was just a little one out on the farm.
By the way, the dirt and gravel will stay in the pockets for months.
Have fun though, dirt piles don't staisfy forever...unless you buy a dirt bike, then watch out!
Love you, see you soon
Dad
These kind of days are the best days when you are a child.
But, I bet your bath tub wasn't in very good condition after baths that night either. :)
L.
I would have let my kids do that. Where else can they do anything remotely like that?
XnenaX
Post a Comment