I took some pictures this week for Phoebe's birthday invitation. I'm not sure which one I'm going to use, but I thought they were pretty darn cute! I also downloaded Photoshop Elements' 30-day free trail to see if I liked it. So far I'm mostly confused, but here's a few things I've played around.

I'm not thrilled with the color on this one, but I was taking them before school so there was no natural light to work with.


If anyone has any pointers, they would be greatly appreciated since those three photos took over an hour!
At least I have a willing subject. She is *such* a ham!
6 comments:
Jessica Sprague has an awesome class that you can take through her website that will give you all you will ever need to know for using Photoshop Elements. Check it out: http://www.jessicasprague.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.pbv.tabs.tpl&product_id=123&category_id=19&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=85
you do have such a good subject to work with. While you could use any of those, I'm sure you will come up with the best one to use. be sure to choose one that shows off Phoebe's blue eyes.
XXXnenaXXX
I think you can have the pic in BW and pick one object in the picture to be the true like highlight her pink hat or her blue eyes with everything else BW. That would be cute but really no matter what you di to her pics they are cute!
also....for quick editing go to picnik.com most of it is free, but there are some special effects you can pay per month/year to use. these pics are precious though :)
I use my Elements more than my actual Photoshop. I am tinkering around with vintage effects lately. If you're interested in any of those techniques, drop me an email.
Also, an easy fix is the "unsharp mask" which is located at the bottom of the Enhance category. Select it and then play with the slider until you get the desired effect.
It's a great program!! I use it 100 times more than the reg. Photoshop because of its simplicity! Once you learn it, you'll LOVE it! ; ) Happy Editing.
Really, birthday invitations already?! You're so on your game! I haven't even really THOUGHT about JR's party (except that he has told me LOTS that it should be a lightning mcqueen monster truck party...hmm).
Post a Comment