Saturday, January 02, 2010

The Holiday Nickel Tour 2009

I'm a nosy person.

I love to see other people's houses and how they decorate and how they live. Especially at Christmas. And since I figured I'm not the only "crazy" out there, I decided to take a few pictures of my holiday house before I took it all down this next week. (I know, I should have used this last week to do such a task, but it was vacation and I just plain didn't want to!)

Keep in mind this is the nickel tour. You get what you pay for, folks!

These aren't all my decorations, but just a few spots I chose to highlight. There were some festive touches on my eggcups and in my kitchen and the shelves in Brad's office, but I forgot to take pictures of those. Maybe I will on Monday.

I like to group items by type and this area was for all my Santas...or at least most of them. It's also a catch-all for "red" things.

You'll have to excuse my blue hutch. I got it just before we had a big Christmas party at our house and I didn't have time to stock it full of my treasures. I'll do it later...probably from the treasures on the crates that I'm debating about taking down. I'd love anyone's input on this, by the way!


Of these decorations, I think this is my favorite. I made it a few years ago from items purchased at Hobby Lobby, and they keep breaking off every year, but I still love the simplicity and rustic-ness of this nativity.



My buffet was home to all my "sparkly" snowmen. This picture doesn't do it justice, but it looked really great. I'll showcase individual snowpeople later. Also, notice that I turned my book to the winter page.


My tree. I'm a little sad I didn't take a photo with all the packages underneath, but, trust me, they were pretty darn beautiful!


And finally, my mantle. All my little sparkly cardboard houses lined up in a snowfall of tulle. Again, the photo doesn't do it justice, but I loved it. I also forgot to hang the stockings back up after our trip. Here's a (partial) picture of those. My handy-dandy mom made them for us!


Happy New Year's!

3 comments:

Lori said...

The blocks are inspiring :-) IF imitation really is the most sincere form of flattery, then I'll be complimenting you the first chance I get.

Anonymous said...

your sparkly Christmas house looks beautiful! Wish I could have seen it in person. I'll do better next year. Love your new cabinet, tree, mantle, and snowman showcase. I also love your crates on the wall. I wonder what you will eventually do with them? Let me know what you decide.
XXXmomXXX

Shawna said...

your christmas house looks fantastic! i do, also, love the little nativity blocks... might steal that idea. :) i vote for painting your little blue hutch RED, with a stain wash over it. hmmm.... just a thought. i love the little interesting pieces you find!