Monday, April 28, 2008

Then and Now

Then:



This is the video I took a few weeks ago to document Phoebe's "cripple crawl." Apparently, I was using my "screaming banshee" voice to coax her across the floor. Unfortunately, I think this is probably how I really sound and not the deeper, sophisticated voice I hear in my head. She started crawling this way soon after she had learned to crawl, but she only used it on our hard floors. Then this became her preferred mode of transportation...well, after being carried, of course.

And Now:




I took this video yesterday morning, and it's amazing how much better she is walking today! I forgot how fast it happened. I'll post another in a few more days so you can see the difference. Today, she was walking across the floor to give me a high-five. Pretty darn cute. Oh, and in this video I was using my "1-900 number voice." My allergies or this cold or whatever it is seems to have settled in my vocal cords. The kids have been having similar symptoms and when I took them to the doc today, Eli was diagnosed with a sinus infection and Phoebe has a double ear infection. Some might say I should go to the doctor myself, but I really HATE to go to the doctor so I think I will just ignore them!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't tell which is cuter, the "injured" crawl or her walking! Plus you got her calling "E-I" which is also precious!
Can't wait to see your babies!
Carrie

Cornelius Crew said...

I can't believe she's walking! What fun! But I'm really going to miss the cripple crawl! Hope the kids get better soon and you sound like you should definitely go to the Dr. yourself!

Anonymous said...

It's so fun to see her walk! I can't wait to see it in person!
Sarah

Kristen said...

YAY for Phoebe! she is so precious! :) Love the cripple crawl. I will be there Memorial Day week and weekend if you are going to be there. We are coming in on Wednesday night that week.

Sara Nickson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara Nickson said...

We've missed you guys. I hope everyone is getting better. If my computer wasn't so ancient, I might watch your video!

Gretchen Ware said...

since I have known you for a long time, I can honestly say that I have only noticed the "screaming banshee" voice on a couple of occasions ;). We must have similar colds b/c I also am experiencing the "1-900" voice. Hope you get well soon! and Happy Mother's Day! I hope you have a great one. Love ya, Gretchen