Saturday, April 19, 2008

How I Spent My Spring Break Vacation, Part IV

I am finally getting the pictures from Phoebe's birthday party and Easter on the blog. You know how good intentions are...

We had the party at my parents house since most of my family lives in the Dallas area and they were the people I was inviting. The theme was "Pretty In Pink" because it seemed like everything we own for Phoebe is pink so it made sense. I had soooo much fun getting ready for the party the Saturday before Easter. I asked all the guests to wear pink and there was pink everywhere!!! Pink on the chairs, pink on the tables, pink on the cupcakes, pink on the light fixtures...I think my dad was a little overwhelmed. I wish I had gotten a really close-up picture of the cupcakes because they were pretty darn cute. Some were light pink with hot pink flowers and bright sugar sprinkles around the very edge and the other half was hot pink with light pink flowers and light pink sugar sprinkles. Sarah helped me decorate them...she's a great assistant decorator! Of course, Phoebe was completely spoiled and she loved every minute.

Sunday was Easter, and it was cold! I only took a few pictures, but my mom had made Phoebe's dress and it was beautiful. Eli looked pretty cute, too.

3 comments:

Cornelius Crew said...

I'm very impressed that you were able to get your entire family to wear pink. I don't think I could accomplish that, i may have to try that sometime!by the way, Eli looks like a little doll in the easter pic of he & Pheobe!

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! Not as cute in pics as in person but still way cute!!!
Glad I got to be there with Miss Phoebe's 1st bday!! Can't wait for the other parties she will get!
Love you!
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Phoebe is the sweetest! Your decorations are soooo cool. Looks like everyone had fun! How nice! Sue