Phoebe seems to like my new shoes (that I haven't worn because my toenails aren't painted and it's too cold this week) and decided she needed to try them on. Sorry, Phoebolicious, it will be a little while!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
In other news, the Gleevec is kicking my rear this week. It seems like I'll have a two really good weeks where I feel almost normal and energetic and then I'll have two weeks or so where I feel like I'm 90 years old...literally. Last week and this week have been the former. I'm trying my hardest not to sweat the six (count 'em, six) loads of laundry that need to be folded, or the extremely dirty floors that I uncovered when I finally unpacked yesterday, or the disgustingly dirty bathrooms that I won't let Phoebe crawl in because of the grossness. Brad's been picking up some of the slack, especially with the kids, but not too much on the cleaning part because, you know, he already has a job. I could comfort myself if I were spending loads of quality time with Eli and Phoebe and even feel a little self-righteous about it if I were sacrificing my housecleaning to play with children or do fun things with them. Mostly it's because I'm freakishly tired and am using a lot of energy staying awake so they don't have something horrible happen to them while I'm napping. I think I wrenched my back this weekend, as well, playing tennis or bowling on Brad's new Wii and lifting Phoebe onto the slide at the park. That was truly an eye-opener. On Sunday, the weather was beautiful, so I took the kids across the street to play on the playground. It was the first time Phoebe has really experienced it and she loved sliding down the slide. It was humbling to realize that I'm so weak that it wore me out to lift her up to the top of the slide and catch her at the bottom. After about 10 trips, we sat down and played in the sand while Eli swung (swang?) on the swings. That's when I felt especially old...like the old women who are crippled from osteoporosis and a life of hard working...except that I'm thirty and I don't do much. Sigh. Enough of that pity party! I hadn't blogged about where we were in our cancer walk much lately so I thought I'd catch everybody up. We're fine. We'll get through it. Please don't feel like you have to call me or come fold my laundry or clean my house or whatever. It'll happen...eventually. The upside is, I should be heading into a few good days here pretty quickly. Hopefully my husband and my children and my house can make it until then. :)
Oh, and one more thing. I am going to (hopefully) have a blog makeover, but I can never think of catchy, thought-provoking, deep, funny slogans for our family. Anybody have any suggestions? I love quotes and words so be creative, borrow from some famous, smart, insightful people, and HELP ME OUT! I want it to capture everything our family is and make people think...I don't want much, do I?



4 comments:
I think it was all the Wii playing you did! I bet you and brad stayed up late after Eli went to bed and played for hours!!! You were practicing your bowling skills for when we come!!!
Anyways hope you start feeling better!
Love you!
Carrie
I feel what you feel being in my 5th year fighting this beast! I get so down somedays I just do not want to fight anymore then I think, "NO WAY!", I am not letting this beast win!
Eli is so adorable. Is her hair red? Do you make all her head bands?
Sue
At this point, I cannot even imagine five years! Phoebe's hair is a little red. I don't think it will stay that color, but maybe she'll have some red highlights. No, I don't make her headbands or her bows. The headbands I just pick up at different places and my immensely talented friend, Malee, makes all Phoebe's bows.
Jordon visit me at my blog:
http://cancersucksbigtime.wordpress.com/
sue
Post a Comment