Sunday, April 13, 2008

Footings and Such

The "footings" were dug last Thursday on our house. It would probably be very exciting if I knew what footings were, exactly. It has something to do with the foundation (I think), and it does show us where our house is going to be. We went out to see the land on Friday after my CT scan (and lunch at Logans...yum...it's my treat for having to drink barium for breakfast and stuck twice to give blood and four times to get the IV in my arm for the contrast).

This is a picture of Eli standing by the "fireplace." When we told him what it was, he said, "Oh, this is where I will sit when it's cold and Mom will be bring me hot chocolate to drink." Whatever, kid.



As you can see, it was pretty cold and windy and I pretty much stayed in the car. Here I am, waving (although I don't think you can tell), and the car is parked where the garage will be.



Eli standing in what we think is the kitchen. Please disregard the fact that his pants have a hole in them, and all of his clothes look almost too small. It is supposed to be spring, and I am not buying more winter clothes!



Brad took this picture from the "top" of our land (aka, the very back of the backyard) and it shows the whole outline of the future house. I'm pretty sure that while this is very exciting to us, everyone else is thinking that I had better come up with some better blog entries than this. :)



Phoebe was very impressed with the outing.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I'm excited! A new house is nreveracking, but so much fun. I am excited for you guys:)

Kristen said...

YAY for you guys! Can't wait to come stay with you guys in your very pretty house.

jennyc said...

You can post about your new house any old time! We are so excited for you guys and this new adventure! Hope the weather warms up soon for you!

Keri said...

I will never get tired of looking at your house pictures Jordan. As long as you throw in a few of the kids too! :)

Gena said...

I agree, I love the new house blog posts! That's so exciting for you guys! I updated who I tagged, thanks for reminding me!

Anonymous said...

How very exciting for you! Plans look great to me! I never tire of your pictures...please continue them! Sue

http://cancersucksbigtime

Hollie Reese said...

I am glad you commented! I enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with your family!

Shane Alexander said...

Is it just me or is there a picture where the car is "inside" the house?

Maybe I don't know what I am looking at either.

Regardless, I think it is plenty exciting to warrant a blog entry. Congrats.

And Eli, it never hurts to dream big.

TTidmore said...

I have learned that when you build a house, you get excited about things you never imagined - foundations, tile, brick, shingles, shower heads, etc. Hope you continue to enjoy the experience.

Taylor