Friday, February 12, 2010

Funny Things Said While We Watched The Opening Ceremonies

We decided to forgo our usual movie night to watch the Opening Ceremonies of the 2010 Winter Olympics.(How cool was it that everyone in the stands was wearing white?!) While I prefer the Summer Olympics, Brad loves the Winter Olympics. Shocking, right? Especially since Brad and I agree on sooo many things.

Brad spent most of his time in his chair looking up the different countries on Google Earth on his iPhone. I spent the evening meandering around the Internet blog-jumping. (I came across THIS blog and if you're a fan of LOST, you should read it...it's hilarious!) Eli spent the entire evening attempting to read "Frog and Toad All Year" by himself. He's did surprisingly well considering it's way over his reading level. Phoebe has wandered around all evening (in just her panties) sneaking snacks from the kitchen and cuddling with whoever's available when she wasn't.

A good time was had by all.

Over the course of our evening, we had a few funny conversations with the children I felt I should share.

During a commercial break:
Eli: Dad, fast forward it through this commercial.
Dad: I can't. It's Live TV.
Eli: Well, put it to Dead TV.

While Phoebe was eating candy conversation hearts:
Phoebe: What dit say?
Me: "You Rock"
Phoebe: I no rock. I have a rock upstairs.
Me: No. Not "You're A Rock". It's "You Rock!" (pumping fists in the air and yelling) like "You're AWESOME!"
Phoebe: (non-plussed) Oh.

Watching the "We Are The World" video:
Me: Who is that?
Brad: I don't know.
Me: Well, who is that?
Brad: I don't know.
Me: Who is that?
Brad: I don't know.
Me: Do you know who that is?
Brad: No. Do you?
Me: No. Oh wait. That's Miley Cyrus. And there's one of the Jonas Brothers.
Brad: Apparently, we only know artists from the Disney Channel.

Seriously, our Friday nights are full of wild and crazy fun.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I love the conversation with Phoebe, those hearts can be confusing! Sweet girl! Can't wait to hug and talk with those kiddos next weekend!

Anonymous said...

hey, we watched the opening ceremonies, too. Just so you know, we could only pick out singers over 45. isn't that funny.
(Phoebe DOES rock.)
xxxnenaxxx

Lori Harper said...

What a cute post and thanks for the cake recipe!