"What are you going to be when you grow up?"
For Eli, that question came Friday at school during the Kindergarten Career Parade. When the note explaining what the Career Parade was came home in his backpack a few weeks ago, I asked him said question to which he replied, "The Boss of Everybody". (Who wouldn't want to be that?) I asked him what the Boss of Everybody did and he said, "Go to meetings. Watch Surgeries. You know, like Dad."
After a few more questions, we got his costume together. Complete with Brad's old (lens-less) glasses, computer bag,...

...an iPhone (it doesn't work)

...and and "official" ID badge (that I rigged up from one of Brad's old ones).

How close did I get?
This picture is for my family (or anybody else that knew my brother when he was in 2nd grade). How eerie is this?
Eli wore the glasses all day long and all I could see was my little brother looking at me through my son's face. Like I said, eerie.Phoebe was feeling a little left out at this point so I snapped a picture of the two of them. Priceless!

After this picture was taken, we were finishing up the last few things to get ready to go. I told Eli to do something (I forget what) and Phoebe looked at me and said, "E-yi de boss of everybody!" I told her that he wasn't the boss of me and that mommies were always in charge. Especially in the morning.
At school during the weekly Friday morning pep rally, the kindergartners walked up on stage by class and were introduced by their teachers. The teacher said the child's name, what they wanted to be when they grew up, and why. There were several teachers and vets and nurses. In each class, there were no fewer than 4 cowboys/girls. Do you think this only happens in Texas? One little boy (dressed as a cowboy) said he wanted to be a rancher because ranchers made lots more money than cowboys! Eli said he wanted to the Boss of Everybody because he wanted to be just like his dad. It warmed the cockles of his daddy's heart...regardless of how misinterpreted it was!
(This picture is so grainy because I don't have a really good zoom lens for my camera and I was trying to cut out all the other children. I haven't figured out how to "blur" parts of an image. The hack job I did on the badge picture above isn't so great and took forever. I just know there's a better way! So if anybody knows how to do that in Photoshop Elements, I'm up for a tutorial!)
At the end of the day, the Boss of Everybody changed into his Star Wars footed pajamas, complained about having to practice his sight words (again), and enjoyed a movie sharing a sleeping bag with his little sister. Just like everybody else.



8 comments:
oh soooo cute! LOVE that boy!
That is the funniest thing I have seen in along time! It makes me want to jump a plane to come to Amarillo today!
I love that boy!
You know, I don't think Ben and Brad look anything alike, so it's amazing that Eli can look so much like both of them at the same time. Also, I think all of us firstborns have a not-so-secret desire to be the "Boss of Everything."
Can't wait to see that boy again!
Sarah
I don't know about Photoshop Elements, but you can do all that in Picasa (which is free) and it's pretty easy to do.
That's so awesome!!
--
I'm sending you an email about blurring in Elements!
; )
That's AWESOME! I think that would make a great children's book, complete with an illustration of Eli's cute little face. How about you write it?
That's great...Brad has always wanted to be the president of something...FCA, Sophomore class, the United States...
O'Quinn
Personally I don't see the resemblance. (jk)
: wanders off to find an old picture of himself :
- your little bro
Post a Comment