Brad here typing this entry.
I really don't have a lot of new news to report, but I just read the blog for the first time since yesterday morning. I am so thankul for all of the kind words for Jordan and our family. We have been surrounded by sooo many friends and family. How someone can live and survive an episode like this without a church family is beyond me! I was thinking about the "abundant" life that disciples have been promised which has been the topic of many of our sermons the last couple of weeks at church, and I couldn't help but know that the support and love of my church family is an example of "abundant" life. It seems strange maybe to say what Jordan and I are going through is "abundant" life, but if you were in my shoes and felt what I have felt and been blessed by so many the way I have since Wednesday morning you would not question this comparison. God is good!
Phoebe is great. She is making a good transition from womb to earth, breast to bottle, Amarillo to Dallas, and mom and dad to grandparents! Eli is confused, but doing good here at Jordan's parent's house. He did say something funny yesterday in the midst of the stress that will stick with me for a long while. After asking mom why she was in the hospital and saying that he knew that the ICU room wasn't her doctor's office (he has been to all of our OBGYN appointments), he asked mom, "When is dad going to get sick?" It was funny, but it highlighted how much Jordan has been through and how unfair life has been for her since she was 11 years old (6 surgeries with 3 seperate cancer episodes now coupled with giving birth 10 days ago). It also made me want to cry because I so wish I could trade places with her and be the sick one for once.
Anyhow, I need to go up to the hospital now. I will try to write again but I don't have a computer of my own here (for some reason I didn't pack well before flying to Dallas). In the mean time, I know that our friends will keep updating the blog with up-to-date information!
In Him,
Brad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
God's love is abundant indeed! The outpouring of love and support is just a reflection of what truly great friends Jordan and Brad are to so many! Your names are in prayers...from the mouths of K.U. students & Central Church children to our friends and family all over the country. We love you!
Jill Shelton
Hey Guys,
We are praying here in Abilene. I want so desperately to be there with you all, I know you are surrounded by so many. I am hoping to get to see you next week if all can be worked out. I am so sorry this is happening. I am grateful for God who is taking care of you. He is so good and will get you through this. We love you all.
Rebekah Porter
SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU. KNOW THIS HAS BEEN HARD ON ALL THE FAMILY AND WE ARE KEEPING YOU CONSTANTLY IN OUR PRAYERS. SO MANY GOOD FRIENDS AND GOD WILL BE HERE TO HELP YOU THROUGH THIS! WE WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU TO GET BACK TO AMARILLO & HELP WITH ANY NEED YOU GUYS WILL HAVE.
LOVE YOU,
CELIA
We love you guys and are praying for you.
Grady, MiMi and the Warehouse
God is good all the time! Brad keep your spirits up - I know God is working through you and Jordan right now. You have an outpouring of prayer over your family and God will see you through this valley. God bless you guys!
Heather Newman
Brad-
We love you guys! I am glad we can be here in Dallas to help out and just be at the hospital.
We are praying.
Love you,
Casey and Kristen
We are glad to know that you are surrounded by people who love you. There are many more of us who wish we were there with you too. We're praying that God will beat this cancer once and for all. We love you.
Shane and Kara
Jordan and Brad,
You guys are so special to us. You are constantly giving and touching peoples lives on a daily basis (hence everyones strong desire to asist you in any way possible). We are looking forward to having you back here in Amarillo. In the meantime, we are praying and thinking of you.
liz
Brad & Jordan,
I had no idea that all this was occurring until Amy told me. You are in our Prayers. God will get ya'll through this. Your children are precious!!
DJ, Tiffany, & Ethan
Post a Comment