Thursday, March 08, 2007

Surgery Scheduled for 7:15am

This blog has been set up in order to keep you informed on Jordan's condition. One of Jordan's friends is currently typing the entries. She will do her best to keep the site as up to date as possible.

Jordan is scheduled to go in for surgery on Friday at 7:15 am. The doctors have decided to go ahead and remove the tumor on her liver that was bleeding. There is a chance that the tumor is still bleeding or that it could start bleeding again. They feel that it is best to remove it in a controlled setting rather than have to remove it later on. The surgeon predicted that the surgery would take about 2 hours.

The doctors will then test the tumor that they remove to see if it is responsive to Gleevek. (This drug has been very successful in treating tumors like Jordan has had in the past.) If the tumor responds to the Gleevek, then they will treat the other two tumors with this drug.

Please pray for Jordan and her family. They are holding it together very well considering the circumstances. Also pray that Jordan's children arrive in Dallas safely. Jordan wants to see them before she goes in for surgery, so they are on the road as I type.

2 comments:

Angie Bruce said...

Lots of prayers are going up for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Brad and Jordan: Pat and I, as with all the elders, have been in prayer for you ever since we heard of Jordan's situation. I got to the hospital just after you had left for Dallas and am sorry I missed you.

We rejoice that the surgery went well and we are praying for a complete healing!

If there is anything I can do for you on this end, please let me know.

Blessings,

Charles Shelton