Brad here.
Well, I am sure many have been wondering about how are day has gone today so I decided to fill everyone in.....even though I am pleased to say there isn't much to report.
Today has been a good day. We all have been relieved today about our prognosis and are optimistic. Jordan has been sleeping more too (because she isn't in as much pain). Eli and Phoebe were up today for a few hours which is a blessing. Also, Erica from my office came by with many gifts from my firm. Thank you MHB, Erica and Kim!!! The BIG basket was nice! Eli liked his gifts as well. I wish I knew who is responsible for what gifts in the basket so I could personally thank you....but Erica wouldn't tell me. Erica also brought to us some of Phoebe's clothes that were sitting in Amarillo going unused. Jordan was happy to receive these outfits as she had invisioned Phoebe wearing many of them since her showers and was afraid she would out grow them before we made it back home.
Jordan is still running a fever off and on today, but it doesn't seem to be as high or stay as long when it comes. Please pray that the fever subsides and doesn't return. We haven't seen a doctor today....which I think is a good sign. Therefore, I don't have a lot more to say about anything else on the medical front. We are optimistic we will be able to leave by Saturday. We will know more once we see the doctor.
Many have asked how I am doing? Frankly, yesterday was my second hardest day since this all began. The day ended GREAT, but going through yesterday afternoon's procedures was hard on me. I think I finally had reached the end of my rope and having two hours alone during those procedures that ended in the all too familiar waiting room was just too much. I am better now, however.
We love reading everyone's comments and check them often. We wish we could personally respond to each, but we don't know how to short of writing an email. We have enjoyed reconnecting with many of you, but we wish it were under different circumstances. In some way I feel like we have become "famous", but for doing nothing! I know we aren't, but rather we are simply blessed to be a part of God's earthly Kingdom in the "information age" and it would be the same if you were in our shoes.
In Him,
Brad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



19 comments:
Brad and Jordan,
Don and I are so thrilled that the news has come back so positive. You are in our prayers - God does provide when we are need.
Sheila Hilton
Sorry that I am just now writing (we've been having some computer issues) - but you have been on our minds, in our hearts & in our prayers continually since we first got the overwhelming news. Kevin & I are so proud of how you are handling everything. It sounds like you have had such an incredible support system - both in Dallas & Amarillo & we are so grateful for that. We have felt pretty helpless here - but know that what you probably need most from us is prayer. You would not believe all the calls I continue to get from your friends & family in NM. Just know that there are a whole lot of prayers being lifted up from here.
We want so much to be able to do something for you, so let us know what you need after you get to go home. And we can't wait to see your little angel (Morgan has a special handmade gift for her that she wants to hand deliver.). Until you need us, we will continue to pray for strength, a speedy recovery & a shower of God's blessings.
We love you all so much,
Kirsten, Kevin, Morgan & Caleb
Brad and Jordan,
Praise God!!! We are so glad to hear the positive news. We have been thinking of you guys. We will continue to keep yall in our prayers. Sorry we haven't gotten to write, but we just figured out how. May God continue to bless you and your family. Many prayers and God Bless, Sonny,Jessica and Sloane Hale
So thankful to read the good news, and
pray Brad you too will receive much
rest and HIS peace. Praying also for those precious children that they will know how to accept and deal with what is happening in their lives. God loves the little
children and He will see each of you through this valley you are asked to walk in. Will continue to
lift your needs in prayer and His mighty healing hands upon all of you. God bless Dortha~~Eula
Brad and Jordan!
So glad to hear that things are going better today! I was sorry that I did not get to see you when I came by. We are continuing to pray for you all! YOur Christmas pic is up on our picture board and I pray for you everytime I see it!
God is in Control.
Love, Becky, Matthew and Emmerson Cave
Brad, Jordan, & Kids,
Bill and I are so proud of how well you both are hanging in there. I know you have both had your moments but I can see the faith you both possess is strong. We are also pleased to hear good news and enjoy reading your updates. Thank you for taking time out of the chaos to share with us all. Our kids are keeping you all in their nightly prayers. Brock is very concerned about Miss Jordan. He also sends a "hello" to Eli. Keep up the strength and we're ready to see all of you here in Amarillo. We love and miss you all.
Bill, Suzannah, Tyler, Bailee & Brock
p.s. Bill felt blessed he could play a small role in your overall care by flying you to Dallas and is excited to hear how well you are progressing!
Hoping to see you tomorrow. My flight gets in at 1pm so maybe Holly and I can stop by sometime in the afternoon. You are in our prayers!
I do not know your family formally, however I have come to know your story through an acquaintance. I feel like I know you through your blog and I have spent time in prayer for your family and I will continue to do so. I have been so blessed reading your blog and I look forward each day to read about how God is using your family to bless and encourage others. I thank God for the healing Jordan is going to continue recieving. I myself was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 35 and now I am a 6 year breast cancer survivor. I know first hand how God uses such an ugly disease for his glory. What a beautiful family you are and your children are precious.
I will continue to pray for all of you.
Peace and Blessings,
Sherri Smith
Weatherford, Texas
You both continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. I am thankful that you have good support surrounding you. Continue to get better, Jordan! You are thought of and prayed for often!
love ya! Lauren (Pruett) Rogers
So glad today was better for you guys! We are praying for more "normal" days for all of you. Thanks again for keeping everyone posted, Brad. Love - The Goulds
Such comfort and peace you must feel through Jordan's progress. As trying and terrifying as the last week has been for you and as pain still lingers, brighter days are ahead for your family. Your strength, courage & faith has been a lesson for us all! Love ya!
Jill
So glad to hear that you should get to head home soon. You have been in our thoughts and prayers every day. We pray God's healing and peace on your family. Thanks for keeping us all updated with this blog. I wish we had known about it sooner. Congratulations on the birth of Phoebe- she's beautiful!
God bless,
Josh and Amber (Stableford) Brokaw
Albion, WA
Jordan,
I ran across your blog from the McCord family blog. Just wanted to let you know that I will be praying for you and your family. God is with you, please believe that.
God Bless
Heidi in Greenwood, MO
Brad and Jordan,
Ted and I have been out of town and are just finding out all that you have been enduring. You are so special to us because of your relationship to Wes and Amanda. Our hearts were so heavy when we heard the news, but now we rejoice and thank God for His comforting hands on you and your family. He is truly good and faithful. We are so glad for the encouraging news and are in continual prayer for a steady and rapid recovery so that you can come home, and we can help you guys. Just know that you are constantly in our hearts and prayers.
Ted and Becky Liles
Dear Brad and Jordan,
Praise God for the wonderful loving care you have had – both from the doctors and hospital staff and from your loving friends and family. And thank God for the good news that the tumors should respond to the Gleevek! Brad, I agree…I don’t know HOW anyone who isn't a believer and isn't a part of a Christian community survives a stressful ordeal like this. I truly believe that God uses those of us who are strong enough as examples for those of us who are not strong yet. I also believe that God will bless you and your families abundantly as an outcome for this trial. Jordan, you are one strong lady! Dealing so well with these tumors immediately after childbirth is amazing! Brad, thank you for the “full story” – it makes it so much more clear just how much Jordan (and you) are enduring, and how God is working. In days to come, I know the “ambulance story” will be a good testament to God taking care of things! I have shared your story with Christian friends and family in my hometown of Nocona and they are mighty prayer warriors on your behalf. I have also shared your story with my former “fearless leader” in Okemah, Oklahoma who taught me the very valuable lesson “blessed are the flexible, for they shall bend and not be broken.” I am sure he has shared your needs with Christian prayer warriors across the world. Stay strong – but “flexible” – as God continues to work and show His power through you. I must also say that I have been blessed by the strong faith and support of everyone who has posted comments to your blog. I give thanks to God for how His spirit spreads from one person to another through trials. I ask his blessings on both of you and you children for your going through this so that others may also be blessed. Wanda Hufnagle
Hey guys-
It was so good to hang out with you guys by ourselves last night. That was such a good evening. I felt like Jordan was getting back to normal and loved that. As we were driving home last night, we were discussing how much we missed living by you guys and hanging out. But we are very thankful that we have stayed so close. I am so glad that Jordan is feeling better and getting back to her normal self. We continue to pray! We love you!
Casey and Kristen
Brad...thanks so much for the updates. So many prayers are being prayed for your family! Please know how loved all of you are by so many people. For Don and Beverly...we are praying for you, too. Your strength amazes us. Our love, Jody & Jim
It is evident how loved you all are!! Praise God for Jordan's road to recovery! We're continuing to cover you & your family in prayer.
- Tracey Shepherd
Brad and Jordan,
Like so many others, Kim and I have been praying for you over the last week. I was glad to hear of your blog, so we could know what to pray for. I know the drudgery that comes from sitting and waiting in the hospital. Hang in there! Soon this will be just a memory and you guys can get on to raising your family.
Troy and Kim Hooper
Post a Comment