Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Jordan here.

WE'RE HOME!!!! After traveling all day (I realize it is only six hours from Dallas to Amarillo, but we managed to make an entire day of it! ), we got home about 5:30pm. As we got close to our exit off of I-40, Eli started to say, "We're in Anarillo! I am bery excited! We are almost to our house!" He could hardly contain himself...Brad and I felt the same way! We've been gone before, but it seems especially nice to be home after this whole "mess." In some ways, I think we feel like we'll finally get back some normalacy in our lives and start putting all this behind us. Of course, after being gone almost a month, we have a lot of unpacking to do. It is amazing how much stuff you can accumulate in that short amount of time! Oh well, there is a certain contentedness to putting your own house back in order that helps you feel at peace with the world. My mom helped us drive home so she'll be able to help tonight and tomorrow with the unpacking.

I want to say a huge THANK YOU to all of you who helped clean my house and get it together (we left it kind of a mess) and brought some food and folded laundry and checked our mail and wrote us all those precious notes. Brad and I spent the first 30 minutes at home just walking around reading those cards. They are very dear to us. It made our homecoming extremely special.

As for how I am feeling, I am tired after being in the car all day! I have felt better yesterday and today than I have the last few weeks (your body just "knows" when there are things there that do not belong) and I slept great last night. Of course, I can't do all that I want to do and that is frustrating, but Brad keeps reminding me that I will only get stronger and stronger. I am ready to be able to play more than just board games with Eli and to actually be the first one to wake up when Phoebe cries at night (so far, Brad has been the one to do that and I only realize she's been awake when he comes back to bed). Time will help...I keep reminding myself of that.

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers. I know that we are being covered in prayer and I cannot express to you how comforting that is!

10 comments:

Julie said...

I am so gald you all made it home safely. I know it will be great to have things kind of back to normal. We will continue to pray that you feel better each and every day. We love you all.

Julie and Jeff

Anonymous said...

It must feel so good to be home again...I can only imagine your excitement to get back to your home life!

Alaina

Holly O'Quinn said...

I am so happy for you to be home again. Yeah!

Anonymous said...

So glad you are home! Know you are excited to be back but try not to overdo and remember we are all here to help you guys! Please call anytime! We continue to keep your family in our prayers!
Love
Bruce and Celia

jennyc said...

Yeah! I'm so glad for your sweet homecoming! I'm sad I didn't get to see Pheobe in person, but couldn't be happier that you guys are finally home! Praying constantly that your strength will be renewed and that each moment with your family will be sweeter than the one before!

Love you!

Jenny & Jack

Lori Harper said...

Yea!! Home sweet Home!!

How wonderful it must feel to be back at home and in your own bed at night....even if you have to get up with your sweet little girl....you could call me, I'm usually up too with a 4 month old!! LOL

Wishing your family all the best the Lord can provide! You are in my daily prayers!

Lori Harper
Arkansas

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! We're praying for continued blessings on the McCalls.

-Wes and Naomi Encalade

Anonymous said...

How exciting to read this latest
blog, saying you are at last home.
So glad for you, and know that
all the excitement of just being
home will help the healing endorphens to flow. Take care and
know you have plenty of time to
get back to doing all the things
you want to do?? God loves you and
I will continue to pray for your
precious family.
Love in Christ Dortha in Eula TX

Kristen said...

Hi guys!
I am so glad you are home. I know that is a good feeling. I am glad you made it home safely and everything is getting back to normal. I am still praying for you and love you so much!
I will call you tomorrow or
Sat.
Kristen

Anonymous said...

YAY! You're home! That's got to be a great feeling!! We're continuing to pray for you!

Love,
Tracey Shepherd