The class was pretty fun! It was taught by A GAL in town who taught herself how to take some really great pictures and is a mommy and a photographer. Before all of this, she was a teacher and so she had a way of making all the information clear and (mostly) understandable. (I'm not sure I'll actually ever know what aperture really is.) The class was small (only 6 people) so there was plenty of time for questions and hands-on help. Not that I needed any extra tutoring or anything. :) She knew that we were all just mommies who wanted to take great pictures of our kids.
One of the things she told us was to not practice on our children. As tempting as it may be, they don't make the best practice subjects. Something to do with no attention span, they move to much, and everyone's frustration levels getting a little high at the end of the "practice" time.
So I took some pictures of the camp spigot at our campsite in PALO DURO CANYON. I have a thing for rusty, old spigots.
What do you think?
A little dark?
Not really following the "RULE OF THIRDS"?
And, by the way, I don't' think I have a very artistic eye. I can appreciate a good, artsy photo, but I have no idea how to take one. There's no class for that, either.
But maybe I'll be able to capture a few nice moments in my children's childhood. Right now I get about 4 really good pictures for every 300 I take.
I'm hoping I can now get 8!
I have big dreams.



No comments:
Post a Comment