I made these boys read on a sleepover at my house.
In my defense, they had played the Wii for quite a while. (I'd tell you how long, but then you'd really think I was a bad mom so I won't. You can just use your imagination.)
Brad is convinced I'm a sleepover Nazi. He cannot imagine anything less fun at sleepover than reading a book. I disagree. I remember several sleepovers where we stayed up late and read books. (Remember, Christy Z.?!) It was awesome! And we didn't have to worry about our brains rotting and running out our ears, which is what I worry about when Eli plays the Wii.
Don't tell me I'm alone in this. I can't be the only one who spent my childhood sleepovers reading ANNE OF GREEN GABLES and CHRISTOPHER PIKE.
Were you a read-a-book-at-a-sleepover kind of kid or were you a I'd-rather-have-nails-for-breakfast-than-read-a-book-at-a-sleepover kind of kid?



4 comments:
Hey there,
Slept outside in the screened in porch for all of our "sleepovers" Swatting bugs and making body noises to the amusement of our buddies was the extent of our entertainment. No Wii though.
Love you, see you soon
Dad
i am not a read-a-book sleepover kid...or watch TV...I really liked to do things when I was little.
I remember going on sleepover where we would go to the library for storytime. I loved reading as a kid, so this is not a horribly mean story to me. I enjoy reading with and to my kids. It's great family time!! Keep on being mean! (We don't have a wii in our house, and I don't let my kids play on the computer very often. I may have you beaten for meanest mom!!)
Anna would LOVE sleepovers at your house. She is the kid that I have to threaten "if you don't put that book up, you can't read the rest of the day" kind of kid. I have a feeling she would love it!!!!
Post a Comment