Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy Birthday, Nena!

Today is my mom's birthday! Yay! I asked the kids a couple of questions this morning about their beloved Nena...the same ones I asked about GRANDADDY.

I hope they make you smile, Nena!

What is something Nena always tells you?
Eli: "I love you."
Phoebe: "I wub you."

How old is she?
Eli: "47"
Phoebe: "5"

What is her favorite thing to do?
Eli: "Sew."
Phoebe: "Stuff in the kitchen."

What does she do when you're not around?
Eli: "She sews."
Phoebe: "She comes to see me."

What is her favorite food?
Eli: "Pancakes and Rice Krispy Treats"
Phoebe: "Tortillas"

What is Nena really good at?
Eli: "Sewing" At this point I asked him if he thought she did anything else. "Not really."
Phoebe: "Helping Grandaddy make breakfast."

What is she really bad at?
Eli: "Golf"
Phoebe: "She's neber bad at anyting!"

What was Nena like as a kid?
Eli: "Nice"
Phoebe: "She 'goed' to school in the big kid cwass"

What does Nena do that makes you laugh?
Eli: "She tells jokes."
Phoebe: "She makes funny faces."

What do you play together?
Eli: "We play Chickenfoot!"
Phoebe: "We pway in her widdle kitchen."

What does Nena like about Grandaddy?
Eli: "He's cute."
Phoebe: "She likes to live with him because he's old."

What do you want to tell Nena on her birthday?
Eli: "Happy Birthday! I'm glad you're turning 47."
Phoebe: "Happy Birthday and I hope your present will be cool."

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love that Nena likes Grandaddy because he is old! Thank you for writing the same way Phoebe talks and I can hear her saying it just like that!
Miss your kiddos! And Happy Birthday Nena!