Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Before you think that I have forgotten to rotate a picture, you need to know that "SpiderMan Fever" has infected our house. I'm not sure how we caught it, exactly, since Eli has never seen a SpiderMan movie, but he is fascinated with SpiderMan. He has been pretending to be SpiderMan all over the house the last few days and it is amazing how an almost four-year-old can turn an average house into the tall buildings that SpiderMan scales. He actually moves like him! This is Eli pretending to crawl on the wall. While I don't want to promote the whole superhero phenomenon that little boys seems to find irresistible, I was impressed with his ingeniousness. Gravity is not going to hold this boy back! If he needs to be SpiderMan, then, by golly, he'll find a way. I just wish sometimes it didn't involve him leaping from my couch to my living room chair. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the picture! How can you expect a boy to concentrate on the alphabet when he is busy saving the world?
Sarah

jennyc said...

Wow! He is very clever. I have already been "webbed" at school several times this week (I guess in anticipation of the movie this weekend). I need to learn some Spidey skills to defend myself. Eli can you help?

And Phoebe looks like a princess in her beautiful dress!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sarah! Who needs to know their alphabet when he is SPIDERMAN?!!!
Love you all~
Aunt Carrie

Anonymous said...

I'm in there with Sarah and Carrie. That is one gravity-defying kid! Can he teach me to do that?
nenaXXX

Steph said...

That is too funny! What a creative boy he is. He must take after his mom!