So I haven't come back with a bang as I meant to, but I think one of the reasons I don't have as much posting material is because my children are past the "cute" stage.
They aren't the cute, cuddly babies they once were who were merely photo worthy because they existed and they aren't silly, sweet toddlers either. They seem to be big kids now. (Eli even swears he's a tween...God help us!) Their days consist of school and practice and homework and dinner and that's about it.
But every once in awhile they do something precious. Like when Phoebe set up her own hair salon after I bribed her with the SALON CHAIR from Target if she'd eat all the healthy food in her lunch for 20 school days. She finally managed it a couple weeks ago and then couldn't wait to play with it.
Phoebe is still pretty sure she wants to be a hair stylist (or hair lady as she calls it) and this was good "practice". Her "client" was willing to have the whole package done that day!
Just like any hair stylist, they talked about how great the client's hair looks, how long the appointment is taking, and the words Phoebe has "learned" in "Spanish"...like "mitzy" means "hello". She's very multicultural, that one.
Kit couldn't leave without having her eyebrows done! She just wouldn't look right! It's a good thing for Kit I had left my laundry baskets out. She might have left the salon unplucked!
It makes my heart happy to see my children play.
"It is a happy talent to know how to play."
Ralph Waldo Emerson







1 comment:
Phoebe has grown! She looks so tall; but still cute as a bug!
and fyi, I would be perfectly happy with pictures of your sewing and crafting and the good books you are reading.
L.
Post a Comment