And all through the house
Everyone was busy,
Even the spouse!
The decorations were hung
All over with care.
In hopes that party guests
Soon would be there
The children were all dressed
In their birthday best
And visions of cupcakes
Consumed all the rest
You can't see it, but Phoebe's dress has a "sparkly" cupcake on the front. She also has cupcakes on her tights! I didn't get a great picture of the birthday girl...she was being pretty uncooperative.
And Ben blew balloons
With Phoebe to help
While Eli just played
With the occasional yelp!
When out on the lawn there arose
Such a clatter
It was only the party guests
There was nothing the matter!
Away to the kitchen
I flew like a flash
To check on the food
Was there enough for this bash?!
The sandwiches piled high,
The cheese in a “two”
And pink punch, of course,
Nothing else would do!
Ben arranged the cheese cubes in the number "2". Those are his long, bony fingers on the left. You can see where Phoebe gets hers.
First there was lunch
Our drinks all had hearts
We ate and we ate
But that was only the start.
“Put on your aprons
And tie them up tight
We have cupcakes to make
In colors so bright!”
Phoebe's apron, that I found at my very favorite store in the universe last spring, was the inspiration for this whole cupcake party. My mom appliqued the other cupcakes because my sewing machine was having zig-zag stitch issues.
More rapid than eagles
Those little girls flew
“More icing, more sprinkles, more M&M's, too!
We need pink and yellow and purple and blue!”
The boys, oh so big,
Didn’t decorate at all
They had Star Wars to play
And soccer and baseball!
Then it was cake-time
And what a cake to behold!
It was a giant cupcake
In colors so bold!
Her eyes how they twinkled
Her dimples how merry
Her cheeks were like roses
Her nose like a cherry
She loved all the singing,
Out the candles, she blew.
She enjoyed her cake-
All her friends did, too!
The gifts were still waiting
All lined up in a row
Some were in sacks
And some tied with a bow.
Phoebe loved all the paper
And the chapstick, too.
After each gift she opened
She politely said, “Kank Ku!”
Our friends loaded up
Their “goodies” in hand.
They all loved the party-
They said it was grand!
I yelled to them as they drove out of sight,
“Sorry about the sugar! They’ll sleep well tonight!”
This was just a good picture of Sarah, me, and my mom!:)



10 comments:
Well, I knew the party would be PERFECT. Only YOU could throw such a precious party for a precious girl! (And only YOU would do something as cute as telling the party's events via a poem!)And the aprons - what a CUTE idea! Oh - to have a girl....... sigh......
I'm a sucker for the giant cupcake, the cute red headed baby girl, the aprons and the POEM!!
Hands down the BEST cupcake party I have ever seen! Better than what I could have imagined!
Phoebe looks so happy with all the pink and sugary things!
Sad I wasn't there but hopefully Phoebe and I can create a mini party when I see her!
Love ya!
Carrie
I love everything...the poem, the aprons, the giant cupcake, the decorations, everything. What a great time. :) so wish we could have been there...i guess we will never get to be there unless we partied together--we will always party on the same day! so fun!
I will try to call you today or tomorrow. :) love this blogpost.
hope your appt. went well yesterday. :)
love you
What a beautiful party!! You are so talented Jorden!! Your kids looked adorable. That was the best and biggest cupcake,,,did you make it? Sue
Clever, clever, clever - looks like a fun time. Too bad Cade is a boy:)
What an adorable birthday party! I had so much fun looking at all the cute ideas and pictures!
ADORABLE!!
i'm SO going to copy this idea!!! i LOVE IT! you may not remember me, i was shawna thompson (now Mannon) at ACU in GATA with you. i 'secretly' read your blog and love all of your creativity and admiration of all things pretty! :) keep blogging!
I am beyond late on commenting on this post...but I do want to say how darling this cupcake theme party was! Simply darling!!! Also, the poem was quite impressive.
Did you have any issues when attempting to bake the large cupcake? I have heard one person say they were not successful with the mega-cupcake-cake and wondered if you experienced any issue.
Post a Comment