Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"Oh Dear Christian College..."

Did anybody else see Chelsey Hightower wearing an ACU sweatshirt on Dancing With The Stars last night?!!

I a little ashamed to admit that we sometimes watch the show because it's the only mostly family-friendly programming on Monday nights. Except for the costumes...sheesh! Phoebe loves it and yells, "Moe da-cing!" after every number. She's not so big on all the judging and practicing part. She also likes to do her own dancing while Eli and I cuddle on the couch.

So, does anyone know why she was wearing that sweatshirt? Brad and I are just dying to know. And we don't have long to find out because while Tye is probably an exceptional bull rider, he kind of stinks as a ballroom dancer. She won't be there for long.


In other news, we are off today for Phoebe's two-year well-check at the pediatrician's office today. Not too worried about anything, but we do have to get shots and that's never fun. Then it's off to Babies R Us because in the last two weeks, we think Phoebe has thrown away 4 sippy cups! We are down to 2, and I apparently don't do dishes enough to just have 2. I looked at Wally World yesterday, but they only had "boy" sippy cups and that just wasn't going to cut it. Eli's at school today so it seemed like a good time to go. I'll have to order some more of these, though, and that is the true tragedy in this whole throwing-our-sippy-cups-away fiasco. But first I have to get off the internet and clean my kitchen because that's what I do on Tuesdays.

Fun times around here, folks!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Hey! not sure why the ACU shirt. crazy though! Oh, we haven't done our 1 year old well check yet. I guess I should get on that. We were waiting until sick season was over to go to the dr. Have a great day! Call me when you get back from the dr. We need sippy cups too!

Anonymous said...

You just watch Dancing with the Stars so you can have deep convos with Mom and Dad!
Remember Eli watching "So you think you can dance" when he was about Phoebe's and would "break dance". Funny kid! I bet he will be a dancer one day!

See you soon!

Phillips Family said...

I feel your pain about losing a Bumpy Name Label. I thought I had left one of E.'s sippy cups at a bakery on Friday. I called and had them search for it. Then my mom went there to look for it. About five hours later I discovered the sippy cup in my very own fridge. Sigh. The panic was more over the lost name label as opposed to the cup.

Hope Phoebe's appointment goes well and the shots don't phase her!

Christy Z said...

I googled her after seeing that sweatshirt but from what I could tell, she didn't go to college. She's been dancing professionally since she was in high school... let me know if you find out!

jennyc said...

Jack and I wondered the same thing? I've started using the Take n Toss cups with Colton. They are super cheap and they don't leak unless thrown or shaken vigorously. They also have ones with straws and characters. Hope you had a good day!

Holly O'Quinn said...

I googles too...I think she is LDS. Weird...

OQuinn