Monday, October 13, 2008

The Dawn Of A New Age...When I Figure It Out

We got back home last night around midnight after our annual trip to Brad's parents' house and the McCall Pumpkin Patch. It's one of those weekend that Eli looks forward to all year long...kinda like Christmas! (Yeah, it's that fun.) If you want to plan a weekend trip in the fall, then I highly recommend Albuquerque in the month of October. If you hit the Balloon Fiesta, great, it's lots of fun, but if you don't, there are soooo many things to do there. We try to go on one of the weekend's that involve the Balloon Fiesta and when his brother's family from Lubbock can also go. Brad is the youngest of four boys and two of them live in the Albuquerque area so when we all get together, it's kind of wild and crazy with ten adults and ten children all running around. It was a great trip and made even better by the fact that on the way out of town on Thursday night, Brad bought me a new camera! It is absolutely fantastic and I love it. I took 447 pictures on Friday alone and another 991 on Saturday and Sunday. Did I mention that he also bought a massive memory card? I think I've gone a little crazy. We downloaded all the pictures from Friday onto Brad's laptop and the rest are still on my camera. Now all I have to figure out how to get them off the camera and onto the computer. That will have to wait until a little later. I've got unpacking (yuck) and grocery shopping (not so yuck) to do this morning and I'm still waiting for Eli to wake up. This trip wears him out! Usually we are all up around 7am, but not this morning. Phoebe just woke up and she's sitting in my lap drinking her apple juice (the milk went bad over the weekend...oops) and Eli is still snoozing away. It helps that it's dark and rainy and cold this morning and he's absolutely exhausted.

"Let him sleep. For when he wakes he will move the world." -- Napoleon

And because timing is everything, just as I finished typing the above sentence, Eli bursts into my bedroom (apparently, he's awake now), growling, and then asks, "Did I scare you?!" Oh, that boy.



Don't forget to vote for, Josh and Careese. The voting is still happening and they still need a new kitchen!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your pics!

I just looked at the McCall website...I never knew the scary history of Brad's family...makes sense now!

Can't wait to see you on Friday!

Carrie

Kristen said...

What a fun weekend! I can't wait to see pics with your new camera. :)
We went to the pumpkin patch this weekend. We have one in Brownwood.
Can't wait to see you at homecoming. we want to meet up with you at the parade. :)

See you soon!

Proud Parents said...

We are off to Albuquerque this Thursday! Can't wait!! I look more forward to this more than Christmas. The one exception is it's a bummer my husband can't go. He's not allowed off any during the month of October. His pharmacy gives flu shots and this is suppost to be the hot time to get one. Glad you had a good time!