Wednesday, September 10, 2008

We Are Very Boring...

Not too much going on here in the McCall house. We've had a fairly uneventful week so far. (Well, except for almost starting a kitchen fire while trying to make gravy for shepherd's pie from a pot roast I made on Saturday.) We don't have any funny stories to tell or words of wisdom or even interesting facts to impart...just same old, same old around here. Sometimes there is such contentment in the mundane.

Our house is coming along. It seems we've hit a point where there is a whole lot of little stuff going on...the trim guy is (finally) finishing up, the painter is caulking and cleaning to get ready to paint, the dirt guy is (still) scraping more dirt from the backyard to even it out and make a bigger, flatter driveway. For some reason, Brad is worried I'm going to back off the edge of the driveway and end up in the neighbor's yard. He has no confidence in my driving. I'm sure I've never done anything to make him worried! :) The only big things to be accomplished since last week are the staircase and the fireplace. I love them both!



Please notice the tiny fishing line running down the middle of the picture. Eli's fishing pole now lives in the attic at the new house and he was "fishing" off from the upstairs railing. We'll have to address that when we actually live there.

I think Phoebe is trying to get about three new teeth this week. She's been very cranky and it's hard to know why she is cranky since her vocabulary is so limited. Sometimes all I know to do is give her some Motrin and put her to bed. It certainly makes me feel better when I'm cranky. I took this picture on Sunday before church. It was good thing I did because she got ketchup on the dress at lunch and ranch in her hair!


Maybe by the next time I post, I'll have some really great story to tell!

4 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Love that dress and am mourning the ketchup stain...were you able to get it out?

i love watching your new home progress!

Kristen said...

Love the new home pics! :)
Phoebe looks so cute in her dress.

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
From one who has never really enjoyed roller-coasters, I'm content to not hear the wind roaring in my ears and in my heart. The best part of the ride is at the end, when the train comes to a stop and you realized nothing is broken, nothing fell off, and there are corny dogs for all survivors!
On another note, these pictures of Phoebe in her pigtails make her look like a little GIRL, not the cuddly little baby she once was. Pretty soon I'll be the grandaddy who has to be told where to sit for the wedding and worried over that the reception is running past my bedtime.
Love you, see you soon.
Dad

Anonymous said...

I guess Dad has never ridden on a roller coaster with Eli or on a plane....he might like the excitement more if he did it with Eli!!!
Can't wait to sleep in your new house and go "fishing" with Eli!

Phoebe looks precious (like always) and I love her pigtails!
Carrie
P.S. Dad- you might get a chance to practice for Phoebe's wedding soon....I am certain my reception will run past your bedtime!!!