Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Pagosa Springs
Over Labor Day, we drove to Pagosa Spring, CO with some friends of ours. It was great (except for the seven hour car trip with five kids!) and now we are home and the laundry is finished. Here are a few memories of the trip:
* Brad and Josh playing horseshoes for two hours! I never knew it could be so riveting.
* Taking the children fishing which was mostly playing in the creek. The children had so much fun and it makes you realize how important it is to just experience life. However, the wet, cold, muddy drive back to the cabin was not quite as much fun.
* Eli asking me (while standing in knee-deep water) if it was okay to get his pants wet!
* The smell of rain from our open windows every morning.
* Eli scratching his eye or something that required an eye patch...it was miraculously healed when we went for ice cream. I've heard chocolate shakes have that power.
* The nature walk that was designed to get the children out of the house because it rained all day Sunday...we got rained on and decided to go for ice cream instead.
* Brad's ingenious idea to set up his backpacking tent inside so the children could play there. I think it saved our sanity.
So to all my family who thought we had fallen off the face of the Earth (no cell phone service), this is what we did. Enjoy the pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Yes...you had mom and I a little worried. Happy to know that you are alive!!
Cute pics!
Carrie
I'm glad you are alive, too! Also happy that you weren't just avoiding all of us! :)
Sarah
Post a Comment