Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mommy Confessions

I had peach cobbler for breakfast...and I'm not even going to justify it.

I haven't spent any time working on my house. Well, except for buying all the appliances for the new house yesterday at Sears. I think it might have been the most money Brad and I have ever spent in a day not including house or car purchases.

My plans for today include a stop at Starbucks and a pedicure.

I have felt extremely guilty for enjoying the time away from my babies. We've left the children before with both sets of grandparents, but usually we were going somewhere on vacation. I haven't spent that much time at my house without my children in the last five years...and I've discovered I really, really like it! I haven't even missed them that much. I'm pretty sure that makes me a "really bad mom."

I'll see them tomorrow and it will be a glorious reunion. In the meantime, I've got to stop blogging so I can fit in all the other things I had planned to do while my children were away!

4 comments:

Cornelius Crew said...

I'm Jealous!!

Rebekah @ reclaimed riches said...

My kids are visiting Grandma this week as well (not Everly). Too bad we didn't plan better and we don't live in the same town, we could of spent some time together without big kids!!!! It's fun getting to do things out of the "norm" for us and our kids!

Phillips Family said...

Yeah for you! I really need my alone time to be a decent person, so I totally understand the joy you are feeling as you go through your day blissfully by yourself.

JulieC said...

The first time I had the house all to myself was when I was pregnant with JR and my parents took Kate. I honestly didn't know what to do with myself!!! It was a glorious few hours! :) I don't know if I've been alone in my house since! Ha!