Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I'm Still Here

We are still here. I've been a bad blogger of late and hopefully when we get back home and have some semblance of normality, I'll get better. Then again, summers rarely have any normality at all so that may be a pipe dream.

The kids and I are still Albuquerque enjoying a week with the in-laws and cousins. Brad is at home by himself. I think he's ready for us to come back, but maybe he's just enjoying the quiet. That's a rare commodity around these parts with two grandparents, four sister-in-laws, and ten cousins. Although, me and my children are the only early birds so while we are awake and rarin' to go at 6:30am, everyone else is still sleeping off the really late night. Oh well, there's time to sleep when we get home and have no one to play with! :)

I've had a little time to read these past few days and I've finished "The Pact" by Jodi Piccoult (does anyone really know how to pronounce her last name?) and two children's books my mom recommended. "Edwina Victorious" by Susan Boonners (it was okay) and "Fame and Glory in Freedom, Georgia" by Barbara O'Connor (it was great). I am trying to read "I Am Legend", but it creeps me out so I can't read it before bed so it slows down the reading considerably. I'm also working on "Atonement" and I'm having an exceptionally hard time getting into that book. Hopefully it will pick up soon.

Until I get home, things will be a little sporadic...please don't stop checking! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought Atonement was really slow! It was not a favorite for me! Enjoy your family time!

Shannon

Anonymous said...

Not real sure how to pronounce it but Lifetime has aired 2 of her books in movies...I haven't watched them yet but I know the acting will be great!!!
Anyways have fun this week with the McCalls...talk to you when you get back!
Love you!
Carrie

Anonymous said...

I'm reading the book that Amarillo College has selected for their common read. The story is hard, but I love his writing. ACU's common read is The Same Different as Me. I thought I might as well read it with Lauren. Have fun!

D'Lynn