I've been lax on my blogging again...but it's Brad's fault! I had planned on blogging while we were in Phoenix at a conference for Brad, but his laptop would not connect to the Internet so I just had to find other ways to spend my time. It was hard, but I managed to fill up all those hours over our long weekend with some shopping, some napping, some sitting by the pool, some eating really good food, and some enjoying the freakishly wonderful weather they have there in Phoenix. I am one of those rare people who find 91 degrees absolutely perfect! We're back now and I am spending my time finding ways to avoid unpacking. So far, I'm doing pretty well. I think part of the reason I'm being lazy (and let's be honest...that's all it is) is because I felt like I just got back from Chicago! I'm still working on a post from that trip, hopefully by the end of the week.
By the way, I think I should admit that I am a frustrated perfectionist. I am so caught up in the "right way" to do something that I tend to put it off because I know what a HUGE job it's going to be to get the way I know it can be. It applies to all areas of my life (blogging included). My bags are not unpacked because I know that I want to put everything exactly where it goes and get the laundry started so I just go to lunch with a friend instead because it's so much easier. I want to do such a great job on my blog post about my conference that I play Candy Land with Eli instead of just sitting down and writing it. I have another post brewing on where I am in listening to God that I really want to post, but again, it's so much easier to sit by the pool in Phoenix than get to it. I really need to go to Wal-Mart, but the list is getting so long that I am dreading going. That's why we are going to have pancakes for dinner. Sorry, Brad. He the only person I know that doesn't like breakfast for dinner. I've decided that there might really be something wrong with him because he doesn't think breakfast for dinner is the ultimate in comfort food. However, there are drawers to be cleaned out (yes, it's plural), playrooms to organize, closets to go through, pictures to scrapbook, emails to write...the list is endless, but probably not going to get any shorter. Sigh. If only I were just a perfectionist. I might be considered a little crazy, but at least I wouldn't have anything hanging over my head.
Also, I'm still wanting to get my blog made over, but I don't know what to call it. I'm sooo not good at stuff like that. PLEASE give me some good ideas. I'm counting on you. The McCalls really need it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Jordan have you got your test results back yet? Sue
Jordan...A girl that was in GATA with us...well after you graduated will "pimp" your blog for free. Her blog is melodyannforest.blogspot.com She did our blog and I think it looks great. Check her blog to get the info.
MIchelle Chaney
P.S. I am glad to hear that someone else will put off everything because they want to do it perfectly or not at all. :)
It just came to me...
The Real McCalls
If you go another way, I won't be offended. Just an idea. :)
Can't wait to hear about your trips...don't be in a hurry. Enjoy everyday to its fullest. Plus, Playing candy land with Eli is way more important than all of that other stuff. :)
Jordan, I can totally relate! Here I sit at my computer . . . I've been here for like an hour. I have a huge list of stuff to do today, but I don't want to start something I won't be able to finish! Oh well, this is life!!
Love, Cassie
Post a Comment