Monday, November 19, 2007

The Week (Maybe A Little More) In Review

It really is my goal to update this blog every other day. So far, I am failing. Not that there is really all that much going on at our house, but I have a lot of thoughts I would just love to share with you. (I am sure that you would just love to read them.) We'll see how I do. Here is what we have done in last week and a little bit.

My husband thinks I'm crazy. Well, he thinks I'm crazy most of the time, but last weekend it was because I wanted to get out the Christmas decorations. I have a perfectly good reason for this: Usually I like to put up Christmas the weekend before Thanksgiving so that it is already up when we come back from visiting family. This year, the High School Huddle Retreat is that weekend, so we needed to get up the weekend before. See, perfectly reasonable. We set up the Christmas tree on Friday night. It went pretty fast since I had Batman to help!



Brad and I in front of the decorated tree. (Eli took our pic...isn't he talented. We only had to delete about 30 pictures because we forgot to get it back from him immediately.)



Phoebe helped by adding a little bit of holiday flair.



This is Eli's Dallas Cowboys Christmas tree. He is very proud of it.



In the midst of the storm. (My house does not look like this anymore.)



I spent the rest of the weekend finding my house again. Eli asked why we put up Christmas decorations anyway. I told him it was because they make the house look festive. I don't think he was convinced. Wednesday was Brad's birthday...#31. I got my hair cut pretty short that morning. There are no pics, yet, but I really like it. Brad says he is still getting used to it. I'll try to find a good one so everyone else can weigh in. Oh wait, I really don't want anyone else's opinion on my hair because I really like it and I'm not sure I could take the criticism. He had a meeting that night, so we celebrated at lunch. He had a meeting on Tuesday night, as well, so it was a pretty low key birthday. Looks pretty good for 31, don't you think?



This weekend we went on the Huddle Retreat. Eli and Phoebe went to Lubbock to stay with Brad's brother and sister-in-law. They had so much fun with their cousins, Brayden and Tanner. I'm not sure what they did, but I know it didn't involve sleeping...at least for Eli. He fell asleep eating chicken nuggets in the car on the way home and slept the entire two hours. Today he took another two hour nap! I'll have to post pictures of the retreat later because there are so many to look through. (Sorry, Jimmy, your throwing up picture is probably not going to make it on the blog.) We got back yesterday and today I played catch up. Brad wondered at lunch why in a short week, the days that are normal seem so incredibly busy. Why, indeed?

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I am sure you house was beautiful when all the xmas went up! I love the picture of Brad and the kids.
It is sooo cute! :)
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and I hope we can see you at xmas. :)
Have a great week!