In case you didn't know, today is National Sibling Day. I learned this on Oprah where she did a number of stories on different siblings (like the woman who breastfed her sextuplets for six months!) It made me think of my own two siblings, Ben and Carrie, and what a blessing they have been in my life. I really believe that having siblings teaches you how to deal with other people in the world. (Like how to deal with another person on a long car trip when they are really annoying you) Brothers and Sisters understand the craziness that is your immediate family and think it is normal at the same time. They share your childhood and are keepers of your memories. There is no one else in the world who can make me laugh like Ben-O and no one else who can tell it like it is and take fantastic care of you at the same time like Carrie
Beary. They are both a precious gift that I have come to treasure more and more as I get older. I can only pray that Eli and Phoebe have the kind of relationship that I have with my siblings. So take a moment and think about your siblings...after all, it's National Sibling Day!
Here is a picture of Ben, Carrie, and I a few years ago. I think I was just married and Carrie was still in High School. My Mom snapped the pic outside of Taco
Bueno and I just love it!
4 comments:
I did not know that today is National Sibling Day. Thanks for sharing I will definately take your advice and tell my brother and sister just how proud I am to have them part of me! I hope you are doing good. I really enjoyed getting to have a "real" conversation with you last week. I miss you. Maybe soon I can make a trip to Amarillo. Have a marvelous day!
Thanks sis! I agree our family is crazy and we make it seem somewhat normal! All I remember about car trips are 1)Ben playing Cowboy Bob (I think) 2) getting to eat one warm Grandy's roll on the way home from church 3) driving home from ski trip with Dad all drugged up! We have some GREAT memories and I know that Eli and Phoebe will do the same! I know Phoebe will be able to stand her own!
Love you and miss you! Kiss your babies for me! Call you later!
Carrie
Jordan,
Hey, my Treadaway Kids friend. What fun to see you in pictures with your own kiddos - such cuties! I'm glad to have found your blog, and I want you to know that I will be praying for you. Love, Elisa (Foust)
WOW~ I didn't know that. I love my sister and I loved to hear about your cute siblings! I know they are so special. Thanks for that cool fact~ :)
Post a Comment