Sunday, April 15, 2007

Just A Quick Update

Brad and I went to our Small Group tonight and the care and concern there made us realize that there are still people out there who are worried about how we are doing with all this. Health-wise we are doing really well. Brad stopped using his crutches on Wednesday...I'm not sure it was a good idea, but he seems to be doing great. If he walks around too much, his knee will ache that evening,but it is no longer swollen or too painful. Thank you so much for your prayers. I know they were heard. Eli's cough is still here, but it is better. He will only have a coughing fit if he is running around or playing in the cold. If you know Eli, you know that both of those things happen fairly often. He has always been full of "wild bees and gunpowder" as my great-Aunt Anna likes to say and because of that I send him outside even when it's cold. That is why mittens and toboggans were invented...to save the sanity of Moms of Little Boys. I did find a cough medicine that works pretty well and doesn't rev him up too much--Children's Mucinex (the one with an expectorant and a cough suppressant). As a side thought, a friend of mine who is a nurse for a Dr's office says that in her "nurses book" it recommends 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon of Karo syrup to suppress a cough. She said she tried it herself and it worked pretty well. You learn something new everyday! Phoebe is still pretty congested which makes me worried. Eli was the healthiest baby ever (he still hasn't had an ear infection) and so all this stuff is new to me. I'm doing all the things my pediatrician said to do and it is not getting any worse, but it's not getting any better either. Patience has never been my strong suit and I feel like things should just "get better." Which leads me to me. I am really and truly doing great. I feel like most of my energy has come back (other than the normal tiredness of any mom with a 6 week old...by the way, she usually sleeps till 4am or later so I shouldn't be complaining at all). I think sometimes people think I am putting up a strong front, but really I feel good. I complain that my house is kind of a mess and I can't catch up on my laundry, but who can with a 3 1/2 year old and a new baby? Things are good and we feel like we are finally coming up for air after the flood. I cannot express our thanks in words for all of the prayers, hugs, cards, thoughts, and deeds that have been given to and for us. As I've said before, we are humbled.

In other news, I will post pictures of Eli and Phoebe in the next few days. That is for all the family that likes to check in and who only likes to see them. :)

3 comments:

Mary D. Baggett said...

Brad and Jordan,
I am sure you won't remember me from ACU, but I met you there. My daughter is Brittyne Baggett Fitzgerald. I just thought I would drop you aline to say that you are being remembered in prayer in places you probably never have heard of. Not only are you in our thoughts and prayers daily, but I am apart of a Ladies Class at the O'Fallon Church of Christ in O'Fallon, MO and they eagerly await what news I have about you from your blog every week. We always have a prayer especially for you. Your family in Christ is my your side and love you though the miles separate us. Stay strong in the Lord. Nothing is impossible. We will continue to lift you up daily.

Kristen said...

We are still praying for you guys and love you so much! :)

Unknown said...

Jordan,
I continue to pray for you and will continue to do so until you are completly healed.

Jay Riley