Okay, here is the update on Brad's knee. The Dr. called him earlier today and his miniscus (sorry about the spelling) disc is NOT torn (Thank God!). If it had been torn, it would require surgery to fix and that was something that Brad and I were really worried about doing considering all that has been going on with us the last few weeks. Brad only has a deep bone bruise. That means that the bone is actually bleeding and the treatment for that is just to keep icing it and keep Brad off of his knee. He got crutches today! He'll be on those for two weeks. Sooo, the upside is that Brad is not going to have to have surgery, the downside is that he is now on crutches and can't really help me much around the house because he's on crutches and he can only drive my car because his is a standard. This only poses a few problems like: I needed some sweetened condensed milk for a project that Eli and have to do tonight. (Of course, I've known about this for a week, but I've put it off till the last minute.) Brad cannot pick it up on his way home from work because he is on crutches and can't carry anything around a store and I can't drive myself to the store because I've been told not to drive for six weeks after my surgery. (Which, by the way is completely ridiculous because I want to drive NOW!) I think that we'll just have to change how we are going to decorate our Easter Egg for Eli's school project!
In other news, I actually wore a pair of pants today that do not have an elastic waist in them! That hasn't happened in about 8 months because maternity pants all have elastic waists and then I've been sporting pajamas the last few weeks. My friend Tiffani took us to McDonalds today to meet some other friends and we had a great time. (If you live in Amarillo, going to one of the only two McDonalds that have playlands is a grand time...I'll have to blog about that later) It felt good to leave the house again and I know Eli had a blast playing with all his friends! Then I came home and did about fourteen loads of laundry. Okay, that is a bit of a stretch, but it certainly felt like that many. At least now Eli won't have to wear last year's Halloween costume and old camo pants to school tomorrow :) Clean clothes are a good thing! All of this means that today has been a pretty good day and I am actually feeling much better. Tomorrow I will probably pay for it, but I feel like I'm going to have start doing some things so I can get my strength back or I'm just going to shrivel up and never get any stronger. Every day is a little better than the last and I feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Now, if only I could wiggle my nose like Samantha on Bewitched and all the clothes would magically "fly" into the proper drawers. I never did understand why she was so insistent on not using her magic for housework...it just seemed like a waste!
By the way, if you want to know how to decorate a paper egg with sweetened condensed milk, just email me. It is actually very easy and very cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Sounds like you are doing great! I am glad to hear you are up and around! I hadn't heard or read about Brad's knee though...you guys are really hitting it rough right now! Take care of yourselves!
Would totally love to hear about decorating eggs with sweet milk! :) If you have time, head over to my blog or just email...thanks! :) I got to you through Stephanie.
I am sooo glad that Brad's knee is not torn, but still it is a pain for you guys to be so immobile right now. I can't imagine your frustration with all this driving and stuff. I would LOVE to know more about your egg decorating! What a great idea. I might use that in my class or just with my own kids! :) YES, I agree...I want to have magical powers for laundry and house work...probably not as bad as you want it right now. :)
I am glad you had a great time at play group today! Sounds like a fun time! What is with the weather for Easter weekend, it could never be nice weather for Easter...just one time. Oh well...that is Texas for you! Have a great weekend!
I love that you are on blog now...it is great to keep up with each other. :)
Love you!
Post a Comment