Brad took these pictures of Eli and Phoebe "watching" TV this morning. I'm not sure how much Phoebe was really getting out of the Today Show, but Eli seemed to be interested. Can you tell how much he loves his baby sister?
Many of you have asked how Eli is handling all of this. It's hard to know because we don't know how much of his behavior is due to having a new sister or how much is due to my hospital stay and recovery. Of course, the first week my hospital stay was very hard on him. He was staying with my parents in Red Oak (which was a great place for him), but he couldn't come up the hospital to see Mom and Dad was busy taking care of Mom. My parents say that during that time he was always "extreme." When he was happy, he was so giddy he was running in circles, or he was so upset that he couldn't do anything except sob, or he was so angry that he could only scream and pitch a fit. Luckily, by the time I was in a real room at the hospital some of that had dissipated. We still have a moments that are like that, but it is getting better. Being at home has helped quite a bit and I see more and more of my well-adjusted, sweet, head-strong little boy. I worry that he is growing up in ways that I am not ready for because I can't do as much for him as I would like. Because things were so crazy there for awhile, we let a lot of behavior slide that we normally wouldn't. It's hard to get back to disciplining when you still just want to cuddle him up and "make him happy." If you wondering what I need prayers for specifically, please pray that I can be the kind of mom Eli needs right now to get us through these next few weeks.
On a side note, as I was writing this blog, Brad arrived home from his first softball game of the season having to be helped into the house by a friend of ours. Apparently, in the third inning, he fell and did something "bad" to his knee. (He had surgery on the the disc in his knee during his Sr. year at ACU and it is in the same place.) He has an appointment with an orthopedic Dr. tomorrow morning who is a friend of his and told him over the phone that it sounded like he did something to his knee. So, for tonight Brad is out of commission. When it rains, it pours! :)



6 comments:
oh my! I can't believe Brad did something like that...I will be praying for you guys about that.
I am glad you are at home to be a mom to Eli! He needs you so much!
He is such a precious boy! He has such a special place in our heart. We love him like he is our own.
We love Phoebe too!! :) She is so beautiful. I can't wait to see what her personality is like. :)
Have a great week!
Jordan-
Jodi Gray here. :) I found your blog through Meredith, and I just wanted to say hi and that we have prayed for you! It was so good to read a bit and see how well you and your entire family are doing! God is so faithful! I will say that I am not surprised... Adley has prayed and prayed for you, and I know that God just really hears that little girl. She loves you SO much and has been so touched by you; thanks for loving on my sweet girl the way you have! Anyways, continue to get well! You have a beautiful family!
hey! Phoebe is so cute! i cant decide if she looks like brad or jordan though...haha. cant wait to see yall again! (and phoebe!)
Soooooooooooo. How is everyone i am doing the best i can without y'all when everyone in your family gets better we need to plan another trip to new mexico and maybe more people can come!! Well love Jimmy (your favorite person in huddles).
hi enjoyed mowing your lawn
david
We love you!
Bryan and D'Lynn
Post a Comment