Friday, December 02, 2011

Thank You

For everyone who commented on my last post, thank you so much. I felt more at peace yesterday and found a little hope in the words you wrote. Although, it would have been nice to know who all the "Anonymouses" were! :) But it did my heart good to hear them even if you were truly anonymous!

I hope that I didn't sound like I expected all teachers to label him as one of "those" children. We have been blessed with amazing teachers in my children's lives and I know of so many more amazing teachers out there. Teachers who strive to reach every child in they way they need while loving and blessing them each and every day while battling too many hours and too little budget. I am grateful for them everyday. If I did sound that way, it's probably because, truth be told, I was one of those teachers. Sure, I put that label behind me and tried to teach every child in my class, but first, gut reaction was, "Great, an ADD kid. Sheesh." It was a self-righteous and judgmental attitude and I'm truly sorry for it now. Not to say to those that promised to pray for my son's teachers don't need to do so now. These teachers really need your prayers. Trust me.

I was overwhelmed at the number of people who confessed to having ADD/ADHD themselves or as being parents of a child with it. These are all people that I like and admire and respect. I know there's still a long journey ahead of us, but maybe it will all come out all right in the end.

Thank you again. You will never know how much mere words can do a heart good.

Happy Friday!


There's a new recipe over at EATING AT THE TAJ MCCALL and it is a winner!  Phoebe is already dreaming about eating the leftovers for lunch!

No comments: