We drove to some old Cadillacs stuck in the ground not far from our house.
The kids spraypainted them.
There were people from all over the place (Dallas, Nashville, Germany) and it seemed strange that we were just a stone's throw from our house.
As we arrived with our five cans of spraypaint (we know to come prepared), I want to give them all away to the little children whose parents didn't know about the spray paint tradition. I hate that they are missing the experience!
I still don't understand the attraction of CADILLAC RANCH. It's just a bunch of old Cadillacs stuck into the West Texas Prairie and yet there are always people stopped. Always. Even last January, as I drove to pick Eli up from school early because school was closing early due to a quick moving blizzard, there was a lone man walking out the Cadillacs. The snow was blowing sideways, yet that man could not miss them. I just don't get it.
Enjoy my pictures.



3 comments:
Any time someone visits Cadillac Ranch it make me laugh because I remember them before it was cool to spray paint them. My parents know the man who originally put them there. He went to church with them. I remember passing them as a little girl on the way to Bushland to help my Mom in her classroom. I am glad they are still there and such a great attraction
I love going to Cadillac Ranch. We need to take Shane next time he comes even if it is in the middle of a blizzard!
It's just one of those weird "8th wonders". Dixie & her crew helped me spray paint them when I knew I was having a girl. Such a girly way to announce that, huh? Dacie's face ended up spray painted pink because it was so windy- imagine that- that the paint blew back on her face. Just another great place to make memories!!
Post a Comment