Monday, July 12, 2010

All He Wants For Christmas...



There is always one moment in childhood when the door opens and lets the future in. ~Graham Greene


I've always thought that once children lose their two front teeth, they start looking less like a little child and all at once like a big kid. Then, of course, the permanent teeth grow in and they all go through that "ugly duckling" phase where their big teeth don't quite match up with their little faces.


I was really hoping to put that off a little bit longer.


We've known for awhile that Eli's two front teeth have been loose. We were even more surprised when they stayed put after the HORSE KICKED HIM. But the in the last few days, they've gotten really, really loose. Like loose enough to pull. I've been telling him to leave them alone. Just let them hang out a little longer, but he couldn't. Today during nap time. And by "nap time" I mean mine and Phoebe's. I gave Eli explicit instructions to "find something quiet to do" while we napped. When I woke up, he was missing his two front teeth. At least he'll never be bored!

We told him that when he pulls more than one tooth, he's going to have to give the tooth fairy a few days to get her act together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that boy!!!
XXXnenaXXX

Kristen said...

I laughed out loud...atleast it was a quiet activity.

cute boy!