I hate these shoes.
Phoebe CAN NOT keep them on her feet. It's interesting to me to view my children's different personalities through the flip-flop wearing lens. When Eli was 3 and I bought him his first pair of flip-flops, I told him he had to learn how to wear them or I was going to take them back. He put those itty-bitty little flip-flops on his itty-bitty little feet, set his jaw, and learned to walk in them in about 20 minutes and they never came off when they weren't supposed to come off. I never had another problem with him wearing them. It was awesome. I told Phoebe the same thing and they were off her feet every. five. minutes. All day long. It drove me crazy!
They also make Phoebe look way too old for me. It's amazing how much different my baby girl can look just by changing her shoes. (Although, who doesn't believe in the power of a shoe to make or break an ensemble?) It's more than this mama can take. I need my baby to look like a baby just a little longer.
So I did the only logical thing a mother can do in this situation.
I bought different sandals.
Please notice the bright yellow paint on one of her toes. If you're my facebook friend, then you might have seen this same paint all over two of my carpeted stairs. And I mean bright yellow paint all over the stair! After trying to Resolve it out myself, I called CARPET TECH and they worked some kind of miracle! The paint is gone! Carpet Tech saved Phoebe's rear end.
I'm aware that I flushed $8 down the toilet when I bought the new shoes, but I feel that $8 is a small price to pay to keep my baby little just one more summer.
It is worth every penny.



5 comments:
OMG! I HATE those shoes also! In a crunch at Easter I bought the EXACT same pair but in white for Kendall. Same thing, she can't keep them on her feet. And she tries oh so hard to walk in them the right way and just can't! Such a waste of what could have been a MUCH better design!!! Needless to say, Kendall also got different shoes for the summer!!
Phoebe appers to have her mother's feet. I never noticed that before. Must be the grown up shoes on her itty bitty feet.
xxxnenaXXX
Both shoes are cute and no girl can ever have too many hot pink shoes!
And her Sister needs to come and paint those toenails!
I like the second pair WAY better!
The second pair are super cute!!
Oh, and I just had a flashback to our years in the panhandle...
"if your home is in a wreck, call carpet tech...yeahhhh"
My 5 year old STILL knows their jingle, too! ; ) Glad they worked some magic on those stairs. That photo you posted on FB terrified me!!
Post a Comment