Monday, April 26, 2010

Phoebe's First French Braids



Since we had a little extra time Friday morning, I thought I'd try my hand at french braiding Phoebe's curly locks. Eli was running a fever (again) and was later diagnosed with bronchitis (again), but we didn't have the doctor's appointment until early afternoon so there wasn't any rushing around trying to get everyone out the door on time. I think her hair is just long enough to tuck up into little braids.

Of course, I added some bows! I thought it made her look a little "Little-House-On-The-Prairie-ish". And I'm talking the actual "Little House On The Prairie" not the TV series because the books often talked of Mary and Laura wearing ribbons in their braids, but I don't remember seeing Melissa Gilbert ever in ribbons...but I could be wrong since it's been a looooong time since I've seen the show.


And speaking of loooooong times, it might just be a long time before anyone sees these braids again because I think it made my baby look just a little too old for my taste.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

cute. :) That is how I feel about Emma Kate in the "one" ponytail look.

Phillips Family said...

Too precious! Did she love them???