Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Two New Firsts

Who knew that when I woke up this morning, my day was going to be filled with so many new things? Neither one very exciting, but then again, most of my days aren't. No surprise there.

This is my new front door! It's been on a few weeks, but they had it all boarded up so I couldn't really get a good picture by peeking through the slats. I love it. I mean I really, really LOVE it. I know it's not much to look at here, but imagine it in red (of course) with all the white "clapboard" (it's really concrete siding, but it's supposed to look like old clapboard siding) all around it and black shutters. Dontcha just want to stop in and say "Hi"?


I think Brad was a little hesitant about the big star on the front door. But what else is a tried-and-true-Texas gal supposed to have on her front door, I ask? Trust me, it'll grow on him.

This is my other "first."


I cut Eli's hair for the very first time today. I was forced to because of a very long story that begins with Brad bartering legal service for free haircuts and ends with me being very frustrated once a month because the Hair Cut Lady and Brad do not work on consistent schedules. We were two weeks past when he should have gotten his last haircut and it was being rescheduled (again) for a time that was completely inconvenient for me so I decided to cut it myself. It can't be that hard. Although it is a little on the short side, it's way better than the hooligan hair he had before.

Sorry that the pictures both seem to be listing to the left today. Apparently, I can't hold my camera straight.

This was not a first, but it's a nice picture of Eli and Phoebe throwing rocks while Brad talked to the Septic Tank Man. I'm so glad they have all those fancy, educational toys at home to ignore.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the front door! Very Texan. I can picture how cute it will be when everything gets painted. How exciting. Love the haircut too! I cut Douglas' hair, and it's way easier than making an appointment.

Kristen said...

I love the door! I can't wait to see the whole house all done.

Lori Harper said...

I love your new front door! Red will look great. Sure enjoy watching your kids grow up.

Anonymous said...

I love the front door and it is def a Jordan door!!!
Great job on Eli's hair...did you make him sit in the kitchen in a tell stool? Because from I know of us growing up that is the BEST place to cut boys hair!
Love ya!
Carrie
PS I love the fact that instead of stopping the rock throwing you took a picture!!! HAHA!

Anonymous said...

Brad, I thought for sure you would have a New Mexico Sun on the front door. Shame. Shame.

O'Quinn

Keri said...

Great job on both Jordan! :)