Brad here.
Well, Jordan has blessed me with the opportunity to be heard from (this doesn't happen very often.... e.g.the blog post last weekend about my trip with Eli to the Canyon). Anyhow, probably the only reason why is that I hope to share some funny video I took from my phone of Eli skiing this past Saturday and she hasn't quite figured out how to successfully post videos. Anyhow, with this explanation behind us....on to the reason for the post.
Yes, I took Eli skiing this past weekend. All you faithful readers (who apparently have nothing better to do than "faithfully" read our blog) you will remember that right after Christmas I took Eli skiing for the first time ever at Taos. You may also remember that after only about an hour on the bunny slope Eli offically reached the internal tempature of a pop sickle and we called it a day early (by 11:30 a.m.). Well.....based on this very short outing not more than 30 days ago I didn't have very high hopes for my little Eli. Yet, I have to say he surprised me and showed tremendous ability and stamina. The two experiences were like night and day.
I credit the difference to two things: 1) the beautiful 45 degree weather in Ruidoso this past weekend as compared to the sigle digits at Taos; and 2) this amazing harnass thing called a "lucky bums" that is nothing more than a ski leash for a child. You will see what I am talking about in the video. By the end of the day Eli had progressed from the bunny slope to the top of the mountain!!!!! Additionally, he lasted from 9:30 a.m. until 4:00 when the mountain closed. I was so proud of my little ski demon! Anyhow, enough about the description. Now enjoy the two videos. These were taken on back-to-back runs in the same area of the mountain so althought they appear to be the same video, you will see that they have two different outcomes.
Monday, February 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Hey there,
Okay, I am impressed with Mr. Eli's ability, and the dramatic fall at the end. Oscar worthy. But I am even more impressed with his daddy, skiing, videoing, holding the harness! Wow! and for the entire day. very impressive indeed.
See you soon.
Grandaddy.
I'm very impressed with both of you. Eli, you're already a better skier than your Nena, and Brad, kudos for skiing, videoing, and reining in your little skier.
Fun stuff!
Nena
VERY IMPRESSIVE! I agree, I am so impressed with sweet little Eli that is skiing. I also feel the same way that everyone else does that you did all those things at the same time. :) Way to go Brad!
Casey and I both watched the video, so cute! Miss you guys!
Way to go Eli (and Brad!)
We need to make sure Phoebe is an "inside" type girl so the family will not be overruled and going skiing for family vacation!
Love you all!
Aunt Carrie
Way to go Eli (and Brad!)
We need to make sure Phoebe is an "inside" type girl so the family will not be overruled and going skiing for family vacation!
Love you all!
Aunt Carrie
As soon as we potty train Jake, we will be skiing.
Jason O'Quinn
WOW! Totally impressed with the two of you!
Celia
Post a Comment