Tuesday, September 15, 2009

She's Having A Baby!



My baby sister, Carrie, is having a baby (that's right, folks, she has her own blog). And she's not just a little pregnant, either. That girl is about to burst! Phoebe and I traveled down to Dallas this last weekend (we should've have brought our boat!) to attend her baby shower. I gave her the baby boy goodie bucket pictured above. Her nursery is all blues and reds and so adorably cute it makes me want to re-decorate something! It's even more precious and preppy in person.

Carrie's due date is Oct. 6th, but she's not going to make it that long. Mostly because little Lincoln (or Baby Wink-on, as Phoebe calls him) is breach and her doctor will probably do a c-section.

She's hit that stage where you feel like you're going to be pregnant forever and you don't even remember what it felt like to be "normal." Ah, the joys of pregnancy. Here's a good picture to represent just how pregnant she really is...and I just love that hers and Phoebe's expressions are identical.


They also shared a cupcake together.


I'm not sure how much of it Carrie actually got to eat.

This girl loves her cupcakes!


We can't wait to meet you, Baby Lincoln!

(I hope you finally get a middle name when you get here.)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Thanks for the post! I am happy to see some pics...you will need to send them to me!
Thanks for making the trek from Amarillo with your sweet girl! Can't wait to introduce "Winkon" to the group!
Love ya!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Congrats to Carrie! And oh - I L.O.V.E. the name Lincoln. Hang in there, Carrie. You are truly at the WORST part. Life DOES get better. When you hold Lincoln for the first time, all your pregnancy woes will be OUT THE WINDOW.