Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Life At My House

There are two kinds of people in this world. Those who get up early and those who don't. In my house, we have some of both. Right this second, Brad and Phoebe are cuddled up in bed snoozing away. Eli and are up and about. I've been up for about 1 1/2 hours and Eli has been up for about an hour. I'm blogging and picking up, he's playing "Man vs.Wild." (On a side note, that show is one of our family favorites. Eli and Brad love it because it's a guy who goes in the wild and survives on only the things he has with him. This means eating a lot of bugs and snakes. What little boy doesn't love that? I love the show because it has no agenda or sexual innuendos or foul language or violence. Unless you're a bug. I also think the host, Bear Grylls, is very interesting. I saw him on Oprah about a year ago and I made Brad watch it with me that night. Just check it out sometime...it's on the Discovery Channel.) I'm sure Brad and Phoebe will be up pretty soon, but I do enjoy the quiet.

Here's a picture of my children watching Saturday morning cartoons together. I had a brunch at my house on Saturday and this was how I kept them entertained while Brad was sleeping and I was getting last minute things done. I'm not sure Phoebe was really that interested in the cartoons, but she does love to cuddle.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
There is nothing wrong with being a morning person. You and Eli come by it genetically. It still makes me laugh the way Eli will cuddle for about 3 minutes before it quickly turns into a wrestling match. He transforms from a snuggly, warm little boy into something that is made up entirely of flying knees and elbows.
It will be fun at Christmas, I still love having everyone come get on our bed before the day starts.
Love you, see you soon.
Dad

Anonymous said...

I love the picture! I guess Eli doesn't mind cuddling if he gets to watch tv... cuddling with his lil sis might change!!!
Thanks for liking my idea today! I will send you pics on Monday!
Also can you please tell me how Eli plays Man vs. Wild? I am very curious about that!
Love ya!
Carrie

Kristen said...

Cute picture!
I used to not be a morning person and now I am. I guess God is trying to prepare me for the twins. Crazy how God prepares you in weird ways.
Have a fun week! :)
Maybe we get to see you at Christmas just for a dinner or lunch. That would be fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

It's just nice to see your kids being kids, and knowing that they're in a family where they are loved.

Happy for you & Brad,

Mark Minges

Cornelius Crew said...

I don't understand how anyone can be a morning person, but I'm glad there are people like you! I must say that I dont think that there is anything sweeter than seeing kiddos snuggled up together! too sweet!