Monday, December 10, 2007

Back In The Dark Ages

I have had a cell phone mishap. On Friday, I went to United. I knew that I had my cell phone with me because I remember talking to a friend of mine in the parking lot. Then, I couldn't find it at all. By Saturday night (after ransacking the house and car) I knew that I had left it somewhere. I can't imagine how with all the jackets and gloves and bags and bows that I tend to leave the house with. For this reason I do not like winter...there is too much "stuff." Around 9pm on Saturday, Brad ran to United for me and found my phone. Someone had turned it in...maybe it was because it had been run over and doesn't work. When we finally were able to turn it back on, the screen looked like it had all these psychedelic cracks on it. So I am cell phoneless. I never realized how much I used it until this weekend. It' been very inconvenient. Brad is not really very gung-ho about getting me another one, either. I need to find a way to inconvenience Brad enough so that he'll go get another phone for me. (You need to realize that Brad is a gadget guy and no electronics are bought in our house without his thorough investigation and prior approval. He has secret pipe dreams of being a salesman at Best Buy, but that is another story.) The other problem with being cell phoneless is that I can't even call anybody from my home phone because I don't know anybody's number. They were all in my cell phone. I can't even call my parents. They moved last Christmas to a new house and for some weird reason that I can't remember, they couldn't take their old number with them. It's very frustrating. I feel like I am in the Dark Ages when people had to make good plans about where they were meeting and at what time and just had to wait until they got home to make a phone call. If you need to talk to me, call my house. If I don't answer, then you have to leave a message with your phone number so I can call you back. Hopefully, it won't be too long before I get another cell phone. One can always hope.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christmas isn't too far away honey!

Brad

Jenni said...

it would be especially inconvenient if your cell phone was your only phone.... :-)

Jordan said...

That's very funny, Brad. You know I don't like to get gifts that plug in...

Anonymous said...

I am with you on that Jordan! No gifts that plug in!

Shannon

Kristen said...

I agree, you can leave all the gifts that plug in for Brad to get.
He like those. I am glad Brad got you a new phone, I just talked to him. I guess you are running an errand. Call me this week! :)
He said you got your sim card from your old phone.

YAY! Have a great day!

Christy Z said...

I am the same way as you with not remembering numbers. I used to be so good but now I only use my cell phone. And my cell phone is my only phone. When I can't find it, I have to go to my neighbor's house and have her call me! Just cancel your home phone and then you'll HAVE to get a new phone!

Heather said...

Jordan, I can relate. Cade threw my phone in the bathtub with the girls Friday night. It works ( I guess) but it now has a mind on its own. It reandonly hangs up and calls me with ring tones I didn't know I had. (Sigh) Maybe Jimmy will read this blog and feel sorry for me too.