Couple of pics of the fish.
The Biopark is the Botanical Gardens in Alb. It's really way more fun than that because they have an area that is set up so that you feel the size of an ant. You get to see a huge watering can, big produce, a GIANT pumpkin, etc. I really thought is would be pretty boring, but I think it was one of my favorite parts of the trip!
All the cousins (minus Phoebe who was spending some bonding time with Grandma Sue)...from left to right, top to bottom, Casey, Brayden, Caleb, Morgan, Kailey, Eli, Colby, Tanner, and Conner.
Monday night, all the girls-Sue (my mother-in-law), Paige, Amy, Kirsten, me, and Phoebe went to The Melting Pot while Howard (my father-in-law) kept all the other kids. It was awesome. Then again, any time you spend three hours eating and visiting is awesome in my book! We got some good pictures, but they were on someone else's camera.
On Tuesday it was pretty cool so the kids just swam in the indoor pool. Three of the cousins (Tanner, Eli, and Caleb) spent most of the time blasting the others with their makeshift water gun. A noodle that they would fill with water and blow out the other end. Pretty ingenious!
By the way, this is not really good for a jet tub.
Wednesday, we went to the zoo. I LOVE zoos. I'm not really sure why, but I think they are pretty cool...I even enjoy the free Amarillo Zoo that has mostly farm animals. You would think that since I love zoos so much, I would have gotten a few pictures of the animals. Nope. The only animal I took a picture of is an Komodo Dragon statue that Eli climbed on and said, "Mom, take a picture!" :)
The funny story about Thursday: Sue and I ran some errands with Eli and Phoebe. On our way home, Eli and Phoebe were in the back. They were both awake and very pleasant. I assumed Eli had entertained Phoebe the whole way home because his booster seat was right next to hers because he wanted to look out the middle. When we got home, Phoebe had shoe tread marks on her FACE!! Hope you can see them in the picture!
Friday we headed to Ute Lake with Brad's parents and Kevin and Kirsten and family. Brad got up on water skis...yeah! Eli and I were pretty tame, though. Although I can ski, the water was 70 degrees and I have an 80 degree water limit. It is not worth it to get in water any colder! People who do are insane.
Eli, Morgan, and Caleb playing "pirates." They have not actually floated away...they were tied to a tree on the bank. By the time this picture was taken, the oar they were playing with had floated away.
Phoebe on the boat.
Eli and Caleb dangling their legs off the back of the boat.



4 comments:
WOW! What a fun week! That is such a great idea. No kids in our fam yet...soon we can have cousin camp! :)
I bet you are exhausted after that trip! I am just tired reading your blog about it. Sounds like the house is getting started, Congrats on that! :) Can't wait to see it.
Hope all is well.
Call me this week if you get a chance. I never know what time is good.
I think this is Phoebe's 2nd experience with Eli's shoe in her face! THat girl better be tough!
Talk to you later (maybe today!)
Love you~
Aunt Carrie
Glad you enjoyed your Albuquerque trip!! My oldest daughter and son,
plus my youngest son live in the area, I have been to the zoo and it was quite an experience. I'm so
thankful you was able to go with the cousins and be able to have so
many fun loving memories for all.
Christian Love and prayers
Dortha of Eula TX
Poor Phoebe and her tire marks. ha
So happy to see you enjoying time with your kids (and all their cousins and moms). Looks like a good time was had by all!
We pray on . . .
Mark & Julie
Post a Comment